Fools Making Good Money But Broke

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I had a dentist that wanted to add 5% for using a card. Notice I said had. Also the DMV here charges 3% on credit card payments. Up until 2 years ago they wouldn’t accept any credit cards
Forty bucks on top of a cleaning for the dentist to come look at my teeth for literally seven seconds. "Yep. Looks good." No :censored2:. I could've told you that. If they then tried charging me even more for using a card I'd be raising all kinds of hell. And then going to another dentist.

Last edited:

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I just picked up all this for less than a single Starbucks coffee.

20200213_063252.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I had a dentist that wanted to add 5% for using a card. Notice I said had. Also the DMV here charges 3% on credit card payments. Up until 2 years ago they wouldn’t accept any credit cards
Most gas stations here charge extra for credit. The margin per gallon is small so the extra fee the card companies charge eat up that small profit.

I get plenty of discounts paying cash, for example my furnace guy gave me 10% off his regular price.

oldngray

nowhere special
Most gas stations here charge extra for credit. The margin per gallon is small so the extra fee the card companies charge eat up that small profit.

I get plenty of discounts paying cash, for example my furnace guy gave me 10% off his regular price.
Gas stations mostly break even on gas. They make their profits on selling other stuff.