Forbes Gives Bad News For UPS

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
1548064949765.jpg

542thruNthru

i heard that amazon sets up the warehouses as individual businesses so that they cant unionize.

How would that stop them from joining a union. If anything I would think it would be easier?

That always seemed to be the biggest problem with FedEx Express. They have to unionize them all at once because they are a "airline" unlike other companies that you can do one shop at a time.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How would that stop them from joining a union. If anything I would think it would be easier?

That always seemed to be the biggest problem with FedEx Express. They have to unionize them all at once because they are a "airline" unlike other companies that you can do one shop at a time.
yeah, not harder to organize locally, but it would be harder to organize on a large scale I would think.

542thruNthru

yeah, not harder to organize locally, but it would be harder to organize on a large scale I would think.

Yes but if every local organizer is doing their job we slowly start to move in. Once in it's easier to show the employees of different areas what kind of changes they can expect.

Nothing happens over night but to get our foot in the door with amazon would be good for the Teamsters in my opinion.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Don’t you guys think this is why UpS is dragging it’s feet when it comes to new hires? I swear, they have been setting guys up to fail their packets since earlier this year, and I continue to read about centers unable to hire FT drivers.
I think UPS is afraid that on one day soon, Amazon will cut the cord.
What a glorious day that will be. I feel bad for the new guys, but I know over 20 routes in my center so I’m gooooood.

ThePackageDeli

If Amazon decides to offer it's delivery service to the general public, UPS 100% cannot compete. We'll lose half our accounts assuming half remain loyal. It's not about how anyone feels about it. It's business.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yes but if every local organizer is doing their job we slowly start to move in. Once in it's easier to show the employees of different areas what kind of changes they can expect.

Nothing happens over night but to get our foot in the door with amazon would be good for the Teamsters in my opinion.
I was thinking....anyone but the Teamsters. you see the failboat we are already sinking with. Lol

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
UPS is slowly getting out of the shipping business. the writing has been all the wall.

Real Estate, Logistics , Robotics......is the future. Let's face it. Manpower overhead is just too high and unsustainable.