Forced 1hr lunch

S

selfcancelsignal

If it normally goes out with 120, but today they gave you 170, doesn't that indicate more that you run and gun than he does?
Haha... No, it means I haven't been out past 5:45 in the last month & 3 guys called out sick & mgmt. said, "Look... This schmo hasn't been out late in awhile. Let's load him up." Oh well... $$$.

S

selfcancelsignal

OR the bid driver came in early to sort his truck and saw the massive screwing he was gonna get and took off before the cover driver came in. Had that happen to me more than once.
I think he really was sick. Sick of working.

UPS4Life

Unless you are local, making TDP/CPU pickups, you cannot drive after being on duty for 8 hours without taking a 30 minute rest period (meal).

The contract still applies. In the Central, we must take a 30 minute unpaid meal between the 3rd and 5th hour.

There are situations that if you take your meal too soon in feeders, and work a long day, you are forced to take another 30 minute meal per DOT regulations.
Even if you are local you still have to take the 30 minute meal before 8 hours, you just are not required to log it as if you're local you're not required to run a log book.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Contract here reads "shall be allowed" to take a 60 min lunch, whereas some other supps have "shall be required" and state law is only 30 min so legally they can't force me to take 60 min but we all pretty much do. Usually the company prefers a shorter lunch to put in less routes for business commits so the locals usually prefer longer meal periods.

Overpaid Union Thug

Contract here reads "shall be allowed" to take a 60 min lunch, whereas some other supps have "shall be required" and state law is only 30 min so legally they can't force me to take 60 min but we all pretty much do. Usually the company prefers a shorter lunch to put in less routes for business commits so the locals usually prefer longer meal periods.
Here its "Are entitled to, and required....."

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Had a turkey sandwich on my lunch today it was delicious

I'm in feeders, so I had a pork shoulder, a couple pounds of mashed potatoes, 24 slices of bacon, one of those Halloween sized bag of Twix bars and a gallon of Shaq's Pineapple soda for break. It was delicious, but alas, not very filling. I'll fix that at lunch, baby!

T

Turdferguson

I'm in feeders, so I had a pork shoulder, a couple pounds of mashed potatoes, 24 slices of bacon, one of those Halloween sized bag of Twix bars and a gallon of Shaq's Pineapple soda for break. It was delicious, but alas, not very filling. I'll fix that at lunch, baby!
Diet pineapple soda?

Johney

Haha... No, it means I haven't been out past 5:45 in the last month & 3 guys called out sick & mgmt. said, "Look... This schmo hasn't been out late in awhile. Let's load him up." Oh well... $$$.

Ding ding ding ding ding... We have a winner!

I think he really was sick. Sick of working.

It was both. Just rolled with it. $$$
Trying to catch up to Ive Gotta package 4U in post count?