Forced Lunch break

Upsftd125

That's our dilemma. Our lunch is not coded out so no one is working for free. His point is that he is being forced to work longer but not being compensated for his forced time that he would rather not spend at work.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
But you just agreed that not all locations deduct lunch that isn't coded. Therefore at those locations you don't lose any money by not taking lunch.
Right. But you get a warning letter for not taking lunch. Which is mentioned in the NMA and every supplement. Please stick to wrenches and pipes Mario.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That's our dilemma. Our lunch is not coded out so no one is working for free. His point is that he is being forced to work longer but not being compensated for his forced time that he would rather not spend at work.

What are your state laws concerning the matter? Mine requires a half hour lunch being taken between the 3rd and 6th hour, and it's not required to be paid. Any violation of break and lunch rules can result in a $1000 fine for the company. UPS could be on the hook for millions just for my center for not enforcing it.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That's still not money lost.
61F9CF24-A9B2-4590-9091-2780D4C92DF6.gif

Upsftd125

What are your state laws concerning the matter? Mine requires a half hour lunch being taken between the 3rd and 6th hour, and it's not required to be paid. Any violation of break and lunch rules can result in a $1000 fine for the company. UPS could be on the hook for millions just for my center for not enforcing it.
I'm not sure. It hasn't been a issue today until it was brought up at our PCM

542thruNthru

No, it is NOT a contractual requirement. And if you’re in a building that doesn’t take out lunch unless it’s coded, why should we sit out there for an extra hour if we don’t want to.
It's in the 340 methods. Do you not have to grab the handrail or leave a info notice because it's not in the contract?