Forced Lunch break

Southern
1628567391588.jpeg

Last One In

This was mandated in our center 2 or 3 years ago, I can't recall exactly. Everyone had to take at least 30 minutes between 3rd and 6th hour on the clock. Lasted about 3 weeks as the flavor of the month. Then, they decided it wasn't "working out" and they moved on to the next idea. Runner gunners must've complained enough and they put an end to it.

quad decade guy

Compensated for taking a lunch?
In what world or job do you actually get paid/compensated for taking a lunch.
Doesn’t make sense.
Also don’t know how anyone can go 8-9 hours straight without actually eating a somewhat decent meal during the middle of the day to give your body energy.
Basically killing yourself slowly.
No you should not be compensated for taking a lunch and if your lunch is forced then shame on you for working for free because you’re a sucker at that point.
Anyone paid salary gets compensated for lunch. Pretty basic.

JustDeliverIt

No, it is NOT a contractual requirement. And if you’re in a building that doesn’t take out lunch unless it’s coded, why should we sit out there for an extra hour if we don’t want to.

Sure it is. Upstate NY language:

ARTICLE 59 – MEAL PERIOD
Feeder Drivers shall be entitled to forty-five (45) minutes for lunch. Full-time inside Article 22.2 employees shall be entitled to forty-five (45) minutes for lunch. All other full-time inside employees with a full-time seniority date prior to August 1, 2013 shall be entitled to forty-five (45) minutes for lunch or as designated in Article 22.3 of the National Master Agreement. Full-time inside employees with a full-time seniority date after August 1, 2013 shall be entitled to a minimum of forty-five (45) minutes up to a maximum of ninety (90) minutes for lunch. Current full-time 22.3 employees in jobs created prior to August 1, 2013 shall be entitled to forty-five (45) minutes for
- 217 -
lunch until such time that job is vacated. If the vacated job is filled, the meal period for the vacated position shall follow the language contained above. Upon ratification the Union Local shall notify the Company in writing of either a thirty (30) minute or a forty-five (45) minute lunch for Package Drivers in each building covered by the Local. No employee shall go to lunch before he/she has worked three and one-half (3 1/2) hours nor after he/she has worked five and one- half (5 1/2) hours. No employee shall be paid for his/her lunch period unless he/she is instructed to work thru his/her lunch period by his/ her Employer. Each employee shall be allowed a ten (10) minute coffee break between the second (2nd) and third (3rd) hours.

BrownStains

Most of the drivers here take their lunch at the building after they’re done with their route, and the union encourages this. Which I don’t really care for. Part of the problem is they got us dispatched out on routes with so much crap you can’t get your air back in time and they don’t want to send an air meet or help, which puts you in a bad situation. Sorry but the last thing I want to do when I get back at 7 is sit at the facility for a half hour-hour when I want to go home and eat dinner and see my kids before bed,

Most of the drivers here take their lunch at the building after they’re done with their route, and the union encourages this. Which I don’t really care for. Part of the problem is they got us dispatched out on routes with so much crap you can’t get your air back in time and they don’t want to send an air meet or help, which puts you in a bad situation. Sorry but the last thing I want to do when I get back at 7 is sit at the facility for a half hour-hour when I want to go home and eat dinner and see my kids before bed,
Take your lunch in the middle of day if you can't get back in time that's not your problem. If you keep doing that they'll never put any extra routes in

JustDeliverIt

Take your lunch in the middle of day if you can't get back in time that's not your problem. If you keep doing that they'll never put any extra routes in

It amazes me why people don’t understand this. I drive back to the building and it’s in an industrial area. There are trucks parked along the street and in closed businesses parking lots with people taking their lunch on the side of the road at the end of the day. Then the break room has another group once you get inside. Every day. Company loves it.

It amazes me why people don’t understand this. I drive back to the building and it’s in an industrial area. There are trucks parked along the street and in closed businesses parking lots with people taking their lunch on the side of the road at the end of the day. Then the break room has another group once you get inside. Every day. Company loves it.
It's ridiculous

Over70irregs

Lunch skippers
1.WILL get hurt.
2.Take work from new positions
3. Rob their families of long term $
4. Cause company class action
5. Long term road danger to everyone
6. Will increase medical expenses
7. Rob pension by not paying over time due to being injured.
8. Fund bonuses for management who care nothing about you.
9. Guilty of failure to follow instructions