Forced Lunch break

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
There's people that skip lunch waiting around literally for an hour when they get back. They take an hour regardless if you take it or not, so guess what-I park my truck under some shade and don't move for an hour.

They actually do not take it out of the checks where I am. That’s why so many people skip it or take a short lunch. I do see people sitting around the building taking their two paid breaks together at the end though, presumably after working all day without any kind of break or lunch whatsoever.

They actually do not take it out of the checks where I am. That’s why so many people skip it or take a short lunch. I do see people sitting around the building taking their two paid breaks together at the end though, presumably after working all day without any kind of break or lunch whatsoever.
We have drivers that just use their 20 minute paid break for lunch and then get off at 4:00 PM every day and bonus an hour to an hour and a half paid OT. New drivers are out until 9 PM and are over standards but who cares since they are $20/hr delivery drivers.

Cloud

I wish it was like that for us. My old center I used to work for actually added an hour to your time along with taking out an hour for lunch if you didn't take a lunch (net 0 change). My new center isn't so nice cuz they take it out regardless if you actually take it- hence ppl waddling around for an hour otherwise you get shorted an hour.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I wish it was like that for us. My old center I used to work for actually added an hour to your time along with taking out an hour for lunch if you didn't take a lunch (net 0 change). My new center isn't so nice cuz they take it out regardless if you actually take it- hence ppl waddling around for an hour otherwise you get shorted an hour.

I would rather kill myself than spend an hour every day unpaid inside a ups building.

Over70irregs

Rob family of long term $???? Plz remember in some areas you are only required 1 minute of lunch and that’s all that comes out for that day, not full 30 or 50, 5 minutes a week is deducted for me, i have a life outside of UPS.
The sooner you get done the more stops you get. They tend to let skippers go for awhile then start ratcheting up. List is big picture and also accurate. Your call…..

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Fools have no problem coming in early, illegally going thru their loads for free, but can't take a 30 minute lunch?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Fools have no problem coming in early, illegally going thru their loads for free, but can't take a 30 minute lunch?
burn-kelso.gif

542thruNthru

As much as I want everyone to take a lunch and agree with you guys. It's actually not a dot requirement for us.

We meet the short haul exemption.
Screenshot_20220204-114136_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Sorry guys :(