Forced lunches

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Yes that's a good idea and I will ask him that. But I am just surprised that he would say termination before just telling me hey you can't do that, don't do that anymore. If he would have said that then I would have stopped. I didn't know that it was an issue. I thought they wouldn't care
Funny how areas are different. Skipping lunch is the cornerstone of new driver training in my center. You should shake your center manager's hand for showing a little integrity. It's a rare thing, for sure.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I thought they wouldn't care
That'll get you fired for sure.
Screenshot_20200414-221100_Google.jpg

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
It could get him fired, but it likely won't stick. As long as he plays dumb and doesn't admit that he knew it was dishonesty, then he would get reinstated without back pay.
Severity =s the flavor of the day, if there was a class action lawsuit recently over it, and how many martyred employees they need to show it wasn't the company's fault.

Dumbo

When I first started I would skip lunch and nobody cared. Then I realized I was leaving a significant amount of money on the table and since Ive forced myself to take them.

Side note about firing for something like this...I also was under the impression when I first started that there were only a few cardinal sins you can be fired for. Dishonesty being one of them. The problem is that they call pretty much everything dishonesty. They can pretty much fire you for anything and just slap a dishonesty or integrity label on it. It really comes down to how much they like you. It's pretty ironic though because I catch our supervisors and center managers in outright lies all the time while they preach integrity. One time they posted accident photos from an incident several years in the past when you looked it up the story on the internet, and the building manager dead faced told everyone it just happened that week.

Rack em

Made the Podium
When I first started I would skip lunch and nobody cares. Then I realized I was leaving a significant amount of money on the table and I force myself ever since to take them.

Side note about firing for something like this...I also was under the impression when I first started that there were only a few cardinal sins you can be fired for. Dishonesty being one of them. The problem is that they call pretty much everything dishonesty. They can pretty much fire you for anything and just slap a dishonesty or integrity label on it. It really comes down to how much they like you. It's pretty ironic though because I catch our supervisors and center managers in outright lies all the time while the preach integrity. One time they posted accident photos from an incident several years in the past when you looked it up on the internet, and the building manager dead faced told everyone it just happened that week.
That's one thing that's always pissed me off. If we are "dishonest" we get fired, but management can be as dishonest as they want and it doesn't affect them one bit. People in management that lie the most end up getting promotions instead of being fired.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
If every driver skipped their lunch I wonder how many route they could cut daily? Let's see...

That 30 min period would slowly get back filled with work and 50 routes x 8 stops (@16 SPOHR) is 400 stops ÷ by 100=s 4 routes.

Go ahead and screw not only yourselves but your newest drivers who will be double bumping thanks to you.

Overpaid Union Thug

If every driver skipped their lunch I wonder how many route they could cut daily? Let's see...

That 30 min period would slowly get back filled with work and 50 routes x 8 stops (@16 SPOHR) is 400 stops ÷ by 100=s 4 routes.

Go ahead and screw not only yourselves but your newest drivers who will be double bumping thanks to you.
And habitually waiting until finished with a heavy commercial stop route to take a lunch is bone headed too. Allot of work can be done in an hour in the middle of the day that would normally extend later commercial stops into pickup times. Eliminating that habit could easily result in less work. Either via less stops and/or pickups.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

400 stops = 4 routes??