Forced Satellite Route

Cragan61

I have spent several hours looking through the agreements on the teamsters website trying to find any information on satellite routes. I have read comments from forums on this website and it's my understanding several different Centers pay drivers the mileage to and from the satellite location. I have been requested by my Union steward to get information from different drivers who get paid mileage driving to and from the satellite location. Any information regarding satellite routes would be appreciated.

KingStone

I've been covering a couple satellite routes for a couple years now. usually i just gripe and moan and some times they will load the truck in the building. either that, or drive an empty truck out to the satellite lot. and get paid from your normal start time. satellite drivers here start and hour later than in building drivers.

Cragan61

It doesn't make it any less yours. I know of one center where half of it got satellited (tiny building as is), and the drivers all had to do what you're doing with no mileage pay
I get that but some Centers do pay mileage or at least from what I've read from other members on this site. I just don't understand why I can't find any information regarding satellite routes.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I get that but some Centers do pay mileage or at least from what I've read from other members on this site. I just don't understand why I can't find any information regarding satellite routes.
Only time I've ever heard of drivers getting paid mileage is when they are covering. Usually though they will dispatch the route from the center. Other than that, IE would be all over that.

Cragan61

It's because it isn't their route. Unfortunately for you, you were forced into it, making it all yours.
And being that it's my route it's up to me to figure out what can and can't be done with it,
It's because it isn't their route. Unfortunately for you, you were forced into it, making it all yours.
Still would have been nice to know when I was hired. With four kids and three vehicles in three years, makes it kind of hard not to question why it's allowed.

542thruNthru

And being that it's my route it's up to me to figure out what can and can't be done with it,

Still would have been nice to know when I was hired. With four kids and three vehicles in three years, makes it kind of hard not to question why it's allowed.

I'm confused. Know what? That you can be forced on to a route? Are you a off the street hire?

Cragan61

I worked local sort part time for 3 months. I tried asking questions but I guess I just didn't ask the right ones. I wasn't even out of training for a day when I was told I was being forced into a satellite route, had no idea what that was. Been doing it for 3 years now, i dont mind the work and I enjoy my job.

Cragan61

That's what I suspected but he's talking about how he has kids and 3 cars. So I'm confused why he'd bring that up. I'm sure he had to know how this place worked if he has been around awhile. So I thought maybe a off the street.
I should have made myself clear I have gone through three vehicles due to the amount of miles I drive to and from work daily