Forced Satellite Route

By The Book

What would I need to do to make this happen?
I think if you are forced to drive this satellite route and you in no way bid it that you should be able to start at your building the same as everyone else, at their start time. You then should be able to drive a package car to the location of the route. You should be on the clock and punch in with everyone else. They are still having another driver meet you and transfer packages to you right? I think you would also have a case to come off that route if there are any lower seniority full time drivers in your building. The key thing here is that you were forced onto the route. I think you may have a case for mileage and or cost of maintenance on your vehicles with the IRS also, depends on your tax person.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I think if you are forced to drive this satellite route and you in no way bid it that you should be able to start at your building the same as everyone else, at their start time. You then should be able to drive a package car to the location of the route. You should be on the clock and punch in with everyone else. They are still having another driver meet you and transfer packages to you right? I think you would also have a case to come off that route if there are any lower seniority full time drivers in your building. The key thing here is that you were forced onto the route. I think you may have a case for mileage and or cost of maintenance on your vehicles with the IRS also, depends on your tax person.
The Great UpstateNYUPSer said no on the mileage/tax thing so that ends that discussion. Lol.

Cragan61

They have another driver pull a trailor to our (2 of us, 2 routes) satellite location. We start at 10:15 and load our packages off the trailor onto our PC.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wow, that route is way out there!

g5q916.gif

Cman84

I was forced on a satelite route for 4 years it sucked.no mileage ,lots of miles on my vehicle.but i was finally able to bid off it.and its the best thing to happen to me.im home to see my family and not so exhausted and tired all the time.