Forced Satellite Route

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How is this any different than any of us driving to our centers?
The difference is the distance your home base.

It would be a sketchy line. That would be an interesting interpretation. If he bid the route then it would be considered his home base. Since he's being forced to drive there instead of the center he may have an argument.

And he wouldn't get to write off how far he drives. He would get to write off how far it is from the center.

Cragan61

As a cover driver or as in its your route?

If it's your route I would sell my house and move closer. And buy a nice bottle of bourbon to celebrate.
I have considered that but with 2 children I have shared custody over I would have to give that up by moving 60 miles away,which isn't an option.

SmithBarney

As a cover driver, I use to cover a satellite route,
I had several options:
Paid mileage from Center location to Satellite location,
Drive PC to Satellite, usually with stops along highway, then arrive at Satellite and load my stuff for the day and work.
or finally, they would put me up at a local hotel for the week, and pay meals.

Cragan61

As a cover driver, I use to cover a satellite route,
I had several options:
Paid mileage from Center location to Satellite location,
Drive PC to Satellite, usually with stops along highway, then arrive at Satellite and load my stuff for the day and work.
or finally, they would put me up at a local hotel for the week, and pay meals.
What would I need to do to make this happen?

SmithBarney

As a cover driver... sorry didnt read properly.

Yeah sorry, I didn't catch that you were forced until a few posts later.
Maybe you can take the PC home... ;) not a fun drive, I hated running the 60miles WEST into the sunset with that old p500 with the pitted windshield dodging elk, and coyote...

Cragan61

Yeah sorry, I didn't catch that you were forced until a few posts later.
Maybe you can take the PC home... ;) not a fun drive, I hated running the 60miles WEST into the sunset with that old p500 with the pitted windshield dodging elk, and coyote...
No elk where I am at... tons of coyotes though and deer.