Forced Satellite Route

Cragan61

Honestly I'm not trying to complain just trying to figure out what all pertains to my route I tried getting answers through other drivers and supervisors no luck

542thruNthru

I worked local sort part time for 3 months. I tried asking questions but I guess I just didn't ask the right ones. I wasn't even out of training for a day when I was told I was being forced into a satellite route, had no idea what that was. Been doing it for 3 years now, i dont mind the work and I enjoy my job.

You're FT? Anyone with lower seniority after being there 3 years? If so leave the route and make the guy with less seniority take it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
And being that it's my route it's up to me to figure out what can and can't be done with it,

Still would have been nice to know when I was hired. With four kids and three vehicles in three years, makes it kind of hard not to question why it's allowed.
Not questioning your motives, I get it. I'm just presenting what I know on it.

Cragan61

I'm just burned out looking for answers like I said I like my job I would hate to lose it but it's hard when you're getting planned long days and have no money to show for it when you're spending it all and gas and on your vehicle repairs. There been days I've worked up to 14 hours that's not including the hour drive there in the hour drive back I just don't feel it's right and when I bring it up to my supervisor his answer is we will make sure you're not over 14 hours. The answer to almost every question I have is that's just the way it is

Cragan61

Even the union rep for my district told me he he would go to work planning on working 50 Plus hours so I can't even get anywhere with the Union

542thruNthru

Even the union rep for my district told me he he would go to work planning on working 50 Plus hours so I can't even get anywhere with the Union

Did the union say you can't come off your route? It seriously makes no sense to me. I'm guessing you do notrebid every couple years. So you should be able to come off your route and put it up for bid.

Can you go on 9.5? If so I would. That might be the push you need to make them let you come off the route.

I'd be in someone's ass at my local

iowa boy

Our low seniority satellite driver was forced onto his route after no one bid the route after 2 bid cycles. He has to drive 115 miles round trip every day, (M-friend), and doesn't get mileage from UPS due to it being 'his' route.

He is smart though and buys these pieces of crap that run for 6 months or a year and have a 4 cylinder in it to save on gas which to me is better that spending 30 or 40 grand on a new car and rack up over 2000 miles a month on it

Cragan61

Did the union say you can't come off your route? It seriously makes no sense to me. I'm guessing you do notrebid every couple years. So you should be able to come off your route and put it up for bid.

Can you go on 9.5? If so I would. That might be the push you need to make them let you come off the route.

I'd be in someone's ass at my local
I will be opting back into 9.5 after this week. I do every chance i get. I have been doing what i can to get my union stewards to help. Finally one decided to have me find out about paid mileage and thats when i decided to post this.

Cragan61

Our low seniority satellite driver was forced onto his route after no one bid the route after 2 bid cycles. He has to drive 115 miles round trip every day, (M-friend), and doesn't get mileage from UPS due to it being 'his' route.

He is smart though and buys these pieces of crap that run for 6 months or a year and have a 4 cylinder in it to save on gas which to me is better that spending 30 or 40 grand on a new car and rack up over 2000 miles a month on it
I do the same. Wouldnt be any other afforable way. I drive about the same distance with the same workdays.