Forced to take an upaid Break

HardknocksUPSer

Lol I won't argue that, paying more attention and reading carefully does help your right, what helps me a lot is a peice of paper with each trucks numbers/names taped on the floor behind each truck, and then halfway up each side of the shelf I put a peice of paper with the trucks name/number

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Lol I won't argue that, paying more attention and reading carefully does help your right, what helps me a lot is a peice of paper with each trucks numbers/names taped on the floor behind each truck, and then halfway up each side of the shelf I put a peice of paper with the trucks name/number
Wut?? Wow, you have some issues. Walking into the right truck isn't that hard.

HardknocksUPSer

Some days it is, and I especially like it so if I do get stacked out the guys who come to help at the end of the day don't misload for me. They generally sling stuff anywhere they feel like.

Zenkenite

Thanks guys... I do live in a state with no laws requiring breaks, and it's just frustrating to me because last year we worked 8 or more hours and never had this happen. Always overtime after 5 hours and never forced to take an unpaid break. It's peak... some of us were expecting/relying on that extra money, me included. Maybe the contract language changed from the last contract with the 8 hour thing? We were still on the old contract last year. I don't know. Our shop steward doesn't seem to really have any answers for us, and our union rep has nothing to say either. Pretty much has told us to leave him alone.
I guess there is nothing to be done to change anything. I was just hoping there was, so it could be how it was last year. Overtime after 5 hours as we expected and no standing around with no pay for 30 minutes.
Thanks UPS :wornout:

PT Car Washer

If a package car driver shows up early for a pick up does he punch out and wait off the clock? If a Feeder driver shows up early for a meet does he wait off the clock?

guyinthebrownbox

If I feeder driver shows up early to a meet point, they don't have to take a meal(unpaid break), but only if the meet point doesn't meet the DOT requirements for a proper meal destination

However, if the meet point is at a truck stop, or you are at another center, UPS can make us burn up to 45min if they want

Sent from a Glade plug-in

By The Book

My suggestion would be to file on this for everyone in your shift. I would do this after the steward/ business agent requested that the company make them whole. The op needs to read his/her latest contract language that covers these issues. I was told if your contract has superior language which is better than the state/federal law, then you are entitled to that, the superior language. There is probably a whole host of creative scheduling going on this peak so document your Shiite and turn it in to your shop steward/ BA and take action.