Forced to Tues-Sat twice?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brown Biscuit, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Brown Biscuit

Brown Biscuit Blind every day

As the title states...here is a little background.

FT RPCD driver in Central, and I am less than a year from top pay. I started after qualifying on a Mon-Fri schedule. Within 6 months I was forced in to Tuesday-Saturday schedule.

After a year of Tues-Sat I gained enough seniority to move back to Mon-Fri. I’ve now been on this schedule almost 2 years.

This morning a handful of us were called into a meeting and were told we are being forced back to T-S because of volume changes and rolling less work into Monday.

If anyone has any insight on if this is possible for them or not I would appreciate it. Seems like they can’t move me again twice after already switching me back to Mon-Fri.

This company really blows sometimes man.

2. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut “They” are coming for us.

It’s wrong for sure. If you were hired under the old contract, you can’t be forced onto T-S after October of this year. If you were hired under this contract, that would be February of next year. Talk to your steward, see if they can file a grievance under art 22.4 for you.

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Not sure about the wording in the new contract. Might be a ask from the top down, force from the bottom up. Sucks for sure.

4. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Sissy Brown Short Shorts Active Member

I’m Monday to Friday and they’ve been trying to force me in for six day punches for the last month. Doesn’t matter anymore it seems, they just want you to work until you drop dead.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Well-Known Member

They forced low m-f guys here to t-s because they didnt want to hire more 22.4s. They are being told that because of Corona virus panel is shut down. They are also being told if panel sides with ups they are t-s till october.

6. Brown287

Brown287 Im not the Mail Man!

Short answer, yes they can. Only protected class as of right now are drivers hired before 2008.

The two years to all RPCD’s being M-F isn’t till this August and if things remain the same as they are I’d expect the union to give UPS flexibility in those regards.

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Those packages won't sort/deliver themselves.

Make hay while the sun shines.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Operational needs.

9. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Thats as gay as aids

10. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

The union gives flexibility with everything else so yeah.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

I can’t believe 22.4s actually thought they would load trucks then drive for 3 hrs :lol:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. They only time they load tricks is when preload isn't wrapped. They shouldn't be allowed to post them jobs as"combo jobs"
    It's very misleading. They should be posted as underpaid driving jobs

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. deeztier

deeztier Active Member

actually happening here cause everyone is running out of hours by Saturday.

14. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Says the King of Guarentee Pay.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Two Tokes

Two Tokes Give it to me Baby

Hard to believe people doing the same job as others for less money
    Suckers

16. You can thank the people that didn't vote for this

17. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Sissy Brown Short Shorts Active Member

If they pulled that :censored2:, I’d have 40 stops off by 10:30PM every Saturday.

18. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

We never had regular drivers on Tuesday-Saturday here. We were supposed to be hiring 22.4s this summer but that’s been put on hold. It’s going to be a cluster **ck in the beginning for sure. I think that even though we won’t have to deal with converting regular drivers back to M-F we'll still have people in limbo some how. I’m guessing anyone in the bottom quarter of the current full time seniority list will be in the OPs situation. I really need to brush up on the 22.4 language because I know I’ll be bombarded with allot of questions. For some reason I’m a defacto alternate steward in my center. LOL