GOD I HATE THIS PLACE!!!!!!
4 10s
7am start
Job would be amazing

but no , 5-6 10s
8-10 start anywhere in between start

🧔✊

Misery

I worked 3 years preload before being a 22.4. Was in the first class of 22.4s ever hired. I never applied for 22.4 cause it was t a thing but after class they informed us all new drivers we’re gonna be 22.4s now.
Well got switched to rpcd after 1 year and not once have I stepped foot inside a ups building on the weekend being 22.4 or rpcd. Worked either Tuesday-Friday or Monday - Friday. Between calling in sick, fmla, running out of hours gotta make it happen.

Once management understands you won’t stand up for yourself they will use and abuse you. Just do your job well everyday and follow the methods and there will be nothing to worry about. They will know who they can pick on.

I know 2 guys that were 22.4s that would just show up on Monday browned up ready to work and made sure every week they got at least 56 hours so they couldn’t work sat lol...

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I’ll throw my 2 cents in here, as a guy who was hired as a Tuesday-Sat FT RPCD in 2017.
They don’t care if we are M-friend or T-S
The entire game is “how can we get away with forcing 6th punches?”
When I won the bid for my first route in October, they tried to keep me at T-S, cut my route on Mondays and I’m basically a cover again on Saturdays.
Union didn’t like that. Now I’m M-friend and getting forced in every Saturday...even though there are 25 or so less seniority drivers than me and they only put out 15ish Saturday routes.
They don’t care. What they want is forced 6th punches
And you enable this by showing up on Saturdays 🤷‍♂️

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I’m glad I got my 5 years in cause they count that towards the teamster pension I’m pretty sure ...if I worked 4 it would be worth nothing.
🧔✊
I think it's different everywhere but in the western they slash your PT pension by a percentage regardless of years worked and place it into your FT pension earnings. with some fancy 'hours worked' math involved.

542thruNthru

I think it's different everywhere but in the western they slash your PT pension by a percentage regardless of years worked and place it into your FT pension earnings. with some fancy 'hours worked' math involved.
That's a new one on me. Never heard of that in the west. PT just gets a lower contribution rate than FT. Right now PT get $10.66 an hour and FT gets $12.91. both up to 2080 hours.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
That's a new one on me. Never heard of that in the west. PT just gets a lower contribution rate than FT. Right now PT get $10.66 an hour and FT gets $12.91. both up to 2080 hours.
My bad, I've interpreted the contribution rate and hours worked (PT tend to work closer to to 1800 hours) as a percentage. Especially because I have a handy pamphlet that assumes you work every year at 2080 hours at the FT contribution rate.

I still think there is some funky math involved for the 5 year vestment though if you've worked PT and FT in that period that I might ask about.

542thruNthru

My bad, I've interpreted the contribution rate and hours worked (PT tend to work closer to to 1800 hours) as a percentage. Especially because I have a handy pamphlet that assumes you work every year at 2080 hours at the FT contribution rate.

I still think there is some funky math involved for the 5 year vestment though if you've worked PT and FT in that period that I might ask about.
Are you Nor Cal? Theirs might be different.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Are you Nor Cal? Theirs might be different.
No I'm outside of norcal. I'm just wierd with calculations is all: So I multiply the FT max contribution by a percentage of hours worked (89%) and the difference in contribution rates (82.5%) to get a percentage difference between what 'could have been earned' working FT and my current PT pension (71%)

If a PT employee worked only 1200 hours however, it would be closer to 45%.

This is just a means of interpreting the "standard pension earnings" in my provided pamplet is all, since it is geared more towards drivers.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
No I'm outside of norcal. I'm just wierd with calculations is all: So I multiply the FT max contribution by a percentage of hours worked (89%) and the difference in contribution rates (82.5%) to get a percentage difference between what 'could have been earned' working FT and my current PT pension (71%)

If a PT employee worked only 1200 hours however, it would be closer to 45%.

This is just a means of interpreting the "standard pension earnings" in my provided pamplet is all, since it is geared more towards drivers.

C8118FC0-2EE4-4767-882E-568A5A8C2417.gif