Forced to Tues-Sat twice?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
As the title states...here is a little background.

FT RPCD driver in Central, and I am less than a year from top pay. I started after qualifying on a Mon-Fri schedule. Within 6 months I was forced in to Tuesday-Saturday schedule.

After a year of Tues-Sat I gained enough seniority to move back to Mon-Fri. I’ve now been on this schedule almost 2 years.

This morning a handful of us were called into a meeting and were told we are being forced back to T-S because of volume changes and rolling less work into Monday.

If anyone has any insight on if this is possible for them or not I would appreciate it. Seems like they can’t move me again twice after already switching me back to Mon-Fri.

This company really blows sometimes man.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

FT RPCD driver in Central, and I am less than a year from top pay. I started after qualifying on a Mon-Fri schedule. Within 6 months I was forced in to Tuesday-Saturday schedule.

After a year of Tues-Sat I gained enough seniority to move back to Mon-Fri. I’ve now been on this schedule almost 2 years.

This morning a handful of us were called into a meeting and were told we are being forced back to T-S because of volume changes and rolling less work into Monday.

If anyone has any insight on if this is possible for them or not I would appreciate it. Seems like they can’t move me again twice after already switching me back to Mon-Fri.

It’s wrong for sure. If you were hired under the old contract, you can’t be forced onto T-S after October of this year. If you were hired under this contract, that would be February of next year. Talk to your steward, see if they can file a grievance under art 22.4 for you.

Staydryitsraining

They forced low m-friend guys here to t-s because they didnt want to hire more 22.4s. They are being told that because of Corona virus panel is shut down. They are also being told if panel sides with ups they are t-s till october.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Short answer, yes they can. Only protected class as of right now are drivers hired before 2008.

The two years to all RPCD’s being M-friend isn’t till this August and if things remain the same as they are I’d expect the union to give UPS flexibility in those regards.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Short answer, yes they can. Only protected class as of right now are drivers hired before 2008.

The two years to all RPCD’s being M-friend isn’t till this August and if things remain the same as they are I’d expect the union to give UPS flexibility in those regards.

Operational needs.

Poop Head

Judge me.

Thats as gay as aids

What'dyabringmetoday???

The union gives flexibility with everything else so yeah.

Overpaid Union Thug

We never had regular drivers on Tuesday-Saturday here. We were supposed to be hiring 22.4s this summer but that’s been put on hold. It’s going to be a cluster **ck in the beginning for sure. I think that even though we won’t have to deal with converting regular drivers back to M-friend we'll still have people in limbo some how. I’m guessing anyone in the bottom quarter of the current full time seniority list will be in the OPs situation. I really need to brush up on the 22.4 language because I know I’ll be bombarded with allot of questions. For some reason I’m a defacto alternate steward in my center. LOL