Forensics psychiatrist says the media is covering murders like Sandy Hook wrong

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
It is just heatbreaking
I whole heartedly agree with you. Irresponsible media coverage that exploits these tragedies makes it all even worse.

3s73u5.jpg
3s73u5.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Personally having family in the news business, i can say that the old adage in the news business goes like this:

If it bleeds, it leads.

Its been the standard for decades.

Today is no different.. Stories about the gunman killing his father made the airwaves all day, until they proved to be wrong.

What should also be considered is the "lobbyists" that have already started hitting the news shows today to "quell" any talk about gun control.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Shameless.

(Washington Times) — A veteran Democratic lawmaker believes the nation will go along with stronger gun control laws if President Obama “exploits” the Newtown, Conn., tragedy and nudges Congress to action.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler, who represents portions of New York City, said he was encouraged by Mr. Obama’s statement on Friday afternoon that the mass shooting, which claimed the lives of 20 young children, requires “meaningful action” by Congress, but hopes those words turn into concrete legislation.

“These incidents, these horrible, horrible incidents … are happening more and more frequently. And they will continue to happen more and more frequently until someone with the bully pulpit, and that means the president, takes leadership and pushes Congress,” Mr. Nadler said during an appearance on MSNBC’s “The Ed Show” with Ed Schultz.

Mr. Nadler was asked whether the Newtown tragedy could be the turning point in many Democrats’ longstanding struggle to enact stronger gun laws.

“I think we will be there if the president exploits it, and otherwise we’ll go on to the next” incident, Mr. Nadler said.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'd be more inerested in the "other" disorder.....

According to ABC News, Ryan Lanza, the older brother of 20-year-old Connecticut school massacre perpetrator Adam Lanza, has told police that his brother has Asperger Syndrome and another “personality disorder.” ABC News reports:

Neighbors described the younger man to ABC as “odd” and displaying characteristics associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'd be more inerested in the "other" disorder.....

According to ABC News, Ryan Lanza, the older brother of 20-year-old Connecticut school massacre perpetrator Adam Lanza, has told police that his brother has Asperger Syndrome and another “personality disorder.” ABC News reports:

Neighbors described the younger man to ABC as “odd” and displaying characteristics associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Ok, and how does that make guns ok? and further, why would his mother purchase these types of weapons KNOWING she has a son with mental disorders?

Its the old "lock up the medicine to keep it away from the children syndrome".

Anyone who has a family member with mental problems, and that INCLUDES drunks, drug addicts, depression and low self esteem persons SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO HAVE GUNS ANYWHERE IN THE HOME.

peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ok, and how does that make guns ok? and further, why would his mother purchase these types of weapons KNOWING she has a son with mental disorders?

Its the old "lock up the medicine to keep it away from the children syndrome".

Anyone who has a family member with mental problems, and that INCLUDES drunks, drug addicts, depression and low self esteem persons SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO HAVE GUNS ANYWHERE IN THE HOME.

peace

TOS
Maybe she thought she could protect hersefl if he acted out against her....who the hell knows?