Forgot an OCA

Cementups

Box Monkey
I got an OCA today and forgot to pick it up. Called all my local brethren that may be able to get it and tey wee all almost back to the building. so I had to saddle up and make a 1 hour round trip to go pick it up. easy $42 but still would have rather been on my way home and be able to eat dinner with my family.
:slap:

Summary: I'm an idiot.

DS

Fenderbender
give yourself a break,remember,you are usually perfect.
I think everyone has done that once or twice

upsgrunt

give yourself a break,remember,you are usually perfect.
I think everyone has done that once or twice

I agree- everyone's done that; along with locking their keys in the back, driving off from a stop with the rear door open, and leaving the diad on the rear bumper. There is probably nothing you can think of that we all haven't done- at LEAST once!

barnyard

KTM rider
Another guy suggested this after I forgot an OCA, everyday before leaving the area, double check messages and OCA screen. My last in town PU is an airbox, so I have tried to make it part of my routine.

If I think of it, the other reminder that I use is to put a SDN on a package near the OCA. The other thing I do, is I always enter 16:15 for ETA. My airbox pu is at 1600 and the diad reminds OCAs 20 minutes before they are due.

TB

satellitedriver

If that one mistake makes you an idiot, then I must be a maroon.
I use the SDN tagging of a pkg near the OCA trick, also.
Great lesson. I bet it will be a long while before you do it again.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Shoot, I did that just the day before yesterday (or was it yesterday). LOL Fortunately I remembered it before I was to far away. And as for info-notices, they are my best friend. I have a really bad problem with remembering del's that are on the floor. So if I have any that I can't get on the shelf I will put an info-notice with addy on the stop next to the one on the floor. It only takes an extra second to do it but it saves me a whole lot of headaches. !!!!!!!!!!! LOL

brown67

Write oca on a delivery note and stick it on your window or sun visor. Then mark out as you complete them. That's what I do and I've never missed an oca yet.

MrUPSguY

Red Headed Step Child
Your supposed to pick those up?!?! Thought they were just trying to let someone know that they were trying to ship something........

old levi's

blank space
I keep a pack of small Post-it notes and whenever I have a non-routine event for later in the day I write it down on the Post-it and place the note on the lower part of the speedometer glass so I am forced to look at it until the event occurs. Works for me. I like the notes with the Super Sticky adhesive strip. Also handy for leaving a note for a customer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I use my COD envelope as a note pad to remind myself of OCAs and other ODS events and when I am asked to cover P/Us for another driver. Just curious, didn't the DIAD prompt you 15 minutes before the commit time on the OCA?

I have also done the DIAD on the rear bumper thing and have left my rear door open so we are all human.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
One of the most irritating things....going to your next stop only to find you forgot your hand truck a couple of stops ago.

upsdude

I do wish the Diad would provide more than one "reminder" alert. I write notes to remind me to read the other notes.

WyoBrown

One of the most irritating things....going to your next stop only to find you forgot your hand truck a couple of stops ago.
This is recurrent problem for me! Ohhhhhhh it makes me crazy when I do that. Now, I try to put the hand truck in my way while scanning pkgs etc...so I would trip over the thing if not looking :dissapointed:

ups_vette

I got an OCA today and forgot to pick it up. Called all my local brethren that may be able to get it and tey wee all almost back to the building. so I had to saddle up and make a 1 hour round trip to go pick it up. easy $42 but still would have rather been on my way home and be able to eat dinner with my family.
:slap:

Summary: I'm an idiot.

Interesting....YOU screwed up and it cost UPS $42. Whenever management screws up, you file a grievance and it cost UPS money. Seems no matter who screws up, it always cost UPS money. That just doesn't seem quite fair to me, but then what do I know, I'm just a retired Manager.