Forklift Safety Issue or No? Input requested "On Topic"

Nimnim

The Nim
Building maintenance mechanics use this method all the time for working under the tram tugs and tram carts. I would guess it must be an acceptable practice.

I see the same, and for some of the work they need to do I don't see any other way for them to do it. The PIT in my facility would not have the clearance to do anything from underneath if you have to rely on only jack stands.

PT Car Washer

I see the same, and for some of the work they need to do I don't see any other way for them to do it. The PIT in my facility would not have the clearance to do anything from underneath if you have to rely on only jack stands.
You have a pit? How would a tram tug even fit on one? Plus who wants to work in the dark? Maintenance mechs usually take them outside in the summer where the temps are cooler.

Nimnim

The Nim
You have a pit? How would a tram tug even fit on one? Plus who wants to work in the dark? Maintenance mechs usually take them outside in the summer where the temps are cooler.

lol, PIT as in Powered Industrial Truck. We call them mules in my building personally. We do have an area used for storage and access to belts from the sort isle we call the pit too, well lit so no working in the dark there.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
20180707_204136.jpg

Integrity

Binge Poster
The industrial vehicle maker might have specific instructions as to how to lift it.

A vehicle lift for the machine is probably the answer.