FORMER NFL PLAYER GOES ON MURDER SPREE, KILLS 6!

rod

Retired 22 years
Not to mention the way the NFL pays they can at least go back to school, or start a business, coach, whatever they want to do. Could well be this fellow ran through his money and was cracking under the pressure.
I could be wrong but I believe they only have to play in the NFL for a VERY short time (one game maybe) to qualify for a pretty good pension.

vantexan

I could be wrong but I believe they only have to play in the NFL for a VERY short time (one game maybe) to qualify for a pretty good pension.
Looked that up on Google. After three years on an active roster they are fully vested in the pension plan. It's then based on how many seasons played. In 2014 the average annual pension was $43,000. Tom Brady is going to do well in that plan! Also saw where if I remember right about 70% of players go bankrupt after leaving the league.

rod

Retired 22 years
Looked that up on Google. After three years on an active roster they are fully vested in the pension plan. It's then based on how many seasons played. In 2014 the average annual pension was $43,000. Tom Brady is going to do well in that plan! Also saw where if I remember right about 70% of players go bankrupt after leaving the league.
That 70% figure don't surprise me at all.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Also saw where if I remember right about 70% of players go bankrupt after leaving the league.
"At the start of the 2014 season, NFL surveys revealed that the league was 68.7% African-American and 28.6% non-Hispanic white, with the remaining 4% comprising Asian/Pacific Islander, non-white Hispanics, and those preferring an other category."

Mutineer

It’s usually when they have gone off meds and are refusing to medicate themselves that it’s a good idea. You put them away, get them back on their medication and give the medication time to kick back in while professionals are there to help em.
Mentally ill people go off their meds because they want to feel 'normal.'

'Normal' to them is not in the realm of what the vast majority of the population considers normal.
The problem is that everybody is 'normal' unto themselves.

In short, crazy people enjoy being crazy. Every single minute of it.

Two astute observations I have read:

"Mentally ill people do not 'suffer' from mental illness. It's everybody who enters into their orbit that experience the suffering."
"Nobody is ever entirely in their right mind."

El Correcto

god is dead

'Normal' to them is not in the realm of what the vast majority of the population considers normal.

"Mentally ill people do not 'suffer' from mental illness. It's everybody who enters into their orbit that experience the suffering."
No there is definitely objective truth in reality, like no Ringo Star doesn’t know your ass and you’re not personal friends. Once you get medicated you tend to realize this.

I think mental health drugs are definitely over prescribed in this country, but there are definitely people that need them.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
No there is definitely objective truth in reality, like no Ringo Star doesn’t know your ass and you’re not personal friends. Once you get medicated you tend to realize this.

I think mental health drugs are definitely over prescribed in this country, but there are definitely people that need them.

I don't know if mental health drugs are over prescribed or not. I think it's hit and miss with the drugs, until one is found that works.
In most of our minds, we are always in our "right" mind. We are always in a level of normalcy, we"think".

A lot of people take their meds as prescribed and after a while feel and do well. Then it happens.
"I don't need these pills, I'm fine."
Let the games begin.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

I have a lot of neighbors like that.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Turns out that my body rejects most narcotics.
They have no effect on me.
That make me part of a minority group.

Where's my reparations ?

bacha29

Those using brain trama as a defense would have to call for the ban of football, or at least no contact play.
A few years ago I heard Ryan Clark one of the most insightful former NFL players out there said that he would be surprised to see the NFL in business in 20 years.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
A few years ago I heard Ryan Clark one of the most insightful former NFL players out there said that he would be surprised to see the NFL in business in 20 years.
They put years of football in well before the pros. That's plenty of head trauma.