Former UPS employee looking to get rehired...

LucidSoul

Well it's been almost 3 years now since i quit UPS and I have regretted it ever since. Someone told me that if I can just contact someone and talk to them I can get rehired somehow. I also heard that if you haven't worked for ups for 3 years (it will be 3 years in February) that you are eligible to get rehired.

i guess what I am looking for is someone that I can contact and talk about my rehire. By the way the location I was working at is 911 grade lane Louisville KY 40213.

Johney

A lot depends on HOW you left. Did you quit w/o notice? Fired? My understanding is you get put on a re-hire list or no-rehire list. Call or talk to your previous sup or just try and fill out an app. on-line and see what happens.

UPSGUY72

Go to UPSjobs.com and try to apply for a job when one opens in the area you want to work. If it lets you then your in luck if not you need to talk to someone at the place you last worked and unless you burnt all your bridges .

working up a sweat

I left UPS in 2001 after 4 years of service. Applied and re-hired 8 years later in 2009. I left on good terms. I hope you got a withdrawal card from the union, like I did. It will save you from paying Teamsters initiation fee again. I heard there is a re-hire and no re-hire list. It is based on previous performance and attitude.

ups1990

I'd say that the first five years are the years you contemplate quitting UPS and it could be for a variety of reasons. One of those reasons for leaving is money. You're young, probably early twenties and your only making under $200 a week and driving a bucket. By Saturday morning you might be broke for the week and then see that those working in the construction trade are earning 2 to 3 times what you make and so you quit because an opportunity to work for a contractor opened up. Now you're un-employed. There are many reasons why people have decided to leave UPS.

For me, juggling college and waking up at 3am for the sunrise shift was difficult but now I'm glad I stayed. GOD willing, in just a few years I'll reach peer80 and still be relatively young. There're many here on the BC who have similar stories.

If you still have contacts at this Hub, try and get in touch with HR. I hope you get to come back, you seem like you'll probably take full advantage of what UPS has to offer this time around.

SGCUPS117

I quit when I was 17, still in high school (it was ok back then, at least at my hub) and came back after I graduated. However, I put in two weeks notice before I left and I left on good terms. I think that would play a MAJOR part in rehiring you. I pretty much just called Human Resources again to let them know I was interested in coming back. It took about a month or so to hear back from them, and I got back on board. Just something for you to consider, at the time the economy wasn't what it is today and UPS needed people. Not sure it will be the same for you, but stay positive and stay on top of things and you should have a spot there, if that's really what you want.

Also if there's a UPS Human Resources/Employment office where you live (Where I am, ours is right across the street from the hub so I'm thinking it might be the same everywhere else), it might be better to talk to someone in person.