When do we eat?
Here’s how I honor said date.
upload_2018-8-27_21-55-35.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-27_21-55-18.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-27_21-55-18.jpeg
    6.5 KB · Views: 258

WTFm8

It's sad what this company has turned into. I wish I got to experience this place 20+ years ago when it wasn't all about pleasing the stock holders.

UPS is having income issues due to the ridiculous discounts they give.

Ever compare shipping rates on items? I was checking pricing on 8’ pieces of 2x2x1/8” angle iron this weekend on metalsdepot.com.

1 8’ piece is just over 13 pounds. Pricing below is for everything strapped together as 1 package.

UPS is literally charging 25% of what FedEx rates are showing. Buy 1 piece or 8 pieces and shipping costs the same but anything inbetween is actually CHEAPER! LOL.

UPS Shipping for:
1 stick $25 (14lbs)
2 sticks $23 (28lbs)
3 sticks $21 (40lbs)
4 sticks $19 (53lbs)
5 sticks $17 (66lbs)
6 sticks $18 (80lbs)
7 sticks $22 (93lbs)
8 sticks $25 (106lbs)
9 sticks $28 (119lbs)
10 sticks $32 (132lbs)

FedEx Shipping for:
1 stick $95 (14lbs)
2 sticks $93 (28lbs)
3 sticks $91 (40lbs)
4 sticks $89 (53lbs)
5 sticks $87 (66lbs)
6 sticks $70 (80lbs)
7 sticks $76 (93lbs)
8 sticks $81 (106lbs)
9 sticks $86 (119lbs)
10 sticks $91 (132lbs)

F

Frankie's Friend

It's sad what this company has turned into. I wish I got to experience this place 20+ years ago when it wasn't all about pleasing the stock holders.
We had a whole lot more management back then and they could actually deliver pkgs and drive a Ford 800 with steering that sucked, 22" high bottom step, straight 6 (300 cu in) motor and 6:56 or lower gears.

They cared about quality (more) and taking care of existing customers needs. If you put a scratch in the paint you had to report it.

They were drivers for several years (in our bldg), knew whole pick up logs without EDD, and they knew what our jobs entailed.

Ghost in the Darkness

Heck I'd love it just for that earlier start time. I remember when they didn't make us take full lunches and I could be back and off the clock by 1700... sometimes even earlier.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It was a different place before the 1997 strike.

Maybe it will take another "Strike" to change it back. There is something wrong with both entities (the business of doing business) and (cut and run collective bargaining) to hell with the rest. There is absolutely no loyalty or appreciation given to their long term union employees or partners
anymore. It is slowly eating the soul of this company and destroying what made it prosperous in the first place.

This peak watch out....Mark My Words All You People...

badpal

Believe me son , it wernt that wonderful even back then. In my almost 40 years its been pretty consistent really. It is what it is ,and it aint going to change. Pleasing the stockholders has been job one for 111 years.

anHOURover

Believe me son , it wernt that wonderful even back then. In my almost 40 years its been pretty consistent really. It is what it is ,and it aint going to change. Pleasing the stockholders has been job one for 111 years.
Hey son
40 years
Enough
Move on son
Fact