Fourth day “alone day” of 30 days

Nj187

my first day alone (fourth day of 30) I had 115 stops, 65 Miles. One pickup had that didn’t get cancelled out of four. And five total “airs”. Six in a half hours planned day and I did in 8 hours and 15 min. No area knowledge but drove the route twice and had my three days with supervisor. Any suggestions on how to cut down time? Got followed last hour. Complaint was had 50 lb package that was long and wide, Used hand truck, cuz 50 yard driveway. They Told me have to be able to carry up to 70 without handcart and that I wasted time with hand truck. AppreciAte any advice. Once know area better will cut down time on turn arounds and having to look up a side street or two that’s new, on my Phone. But any other advice be appreciated.

Rack em

Made the Podium
my first day alone (fourth day of 30) I had 115 stops, 65 Miles. One pickup had that didn’t get cancelled out of four. And five total “airs”. Six in a half hours planned day and I did in 8 hours and 15 min. No area knowledge but drove the route twice and had my three days with supervisor. Any suggestions on how to cut down time? Got followed last hour. Complaint was had 50 lb package that was long and wide, Used hand truck, cuz 50 yard driveway. They Told me have to be able to carry up to 70 without handcart and that I wasted time with hand truck. AppreciAte any advice. Once know area better will cut down time on turn arounds and having to look up a side street or two that’s new, on my Phone. But any other advice be appreciated.
Do what they say for your 30 days, then go back to working safe like you are. If you feel like you need a handcart then use a handcart. Nothing they can do about that AFTER you are qualified.

IESucks

Get out now.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Use existing equipment. It's right there in the DOK.

You're doing decent so far. Try to park closer to delivery points. Find out what your target sporh is, which will help you set your pace. You will get faster naturally as you get used to the route. You will find regular parking spots to go to without thinking. More things will become automatic, which reduces the number of decisions you make throughout the day. Decision fatigue is real.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Ram a Mercedes if your manager is a dick and just go back inside working in the hub.

Enjoy the insurance and find something else that actually makes money outside of this stupid circus

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
If you didn’t use youit handcart they would ask why you didn’t...can’t win...work hard don’t crash and no late air and you’ll be miserable for 30 years like the rest of us

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Complaint was had 50 lb package that was long and wide, Used hand truck, cuz 50 yard driveway. They Told me have to be able to carry up to 70 without handcart and that I wasted time with hand truck.
your supervisor is a complete mango to say something like that to you

anyways, DR everything possible, train yourself to only look at the DIAD for your next few stops as you walk back to the car, and if you have to search through a shelf organize it at the same time; don’t touch the same packages twice if you don’t have to

think on the move, don’t stop

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And they wonder why people hate working here.

But to address your original question, make book first, then address where I quoted you.
They have these bull sht standards but we can’t get people to come into driving from inside the company or out....we have 90% of the mgt who couldn’t qualify on a route today even if they knew the area well....what’s wrong with this picture?

Indecisi0n

You can't speed up time. If you're finishing close to 8 hours you are doing good. Each day your routine will get smoother and smoother thus saving you time. If you try to force it too fast that's when the injuries and accidents happen. Remember no matter how fast you are or how much they like you, one fender bender and you're toast.

The Driver

I drive.
They Told me have to be able to carry up to 70 without handcart and that I wasted time with hand truck.

That's a good way to get injured and never be able to work again, much less this job. Don't listen to these supervisors when they say stuff like this. They're supervisors because a lot of them can't do this job day in and day out. Take care of yourself. You'll get smoother out there. Work smarter, not harder.