Fourth day “alone day” of 30 days

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
your supervisor is a complete mango to say something like that to you

anyways, DR everything possible, train yourself to only look at the DIAD for your next few stops as you walk back to the car, and if you have to search through a shelf organize it at the same time; don’t touch the same packages twice if you don’t have to

think on the move, don’t stop
Words of wisdom from the guy who spends 8 hours a day playing with his tamagotchi

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Up to 70lbs without the handcart?

That is crazy.

Do yourself a favor and get hurt doing what they told you to do.

Collect Work Comp for awhile and tell your OCS to get bent

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm getting great tips as I am about to embark on this journey.
Don’t worry air woman.... when you go around to do your pickups guys at the businesses will pretty much load your package car for you and when making deliveries they WILL be out front waiting for you pretending to be on a “smoke break”... you won’t even have to step out of the truck... trust me on this!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You can't speed up time. If you're finishing close to 8 hours you are doing good. Each day your routine will get smoother and smoother thus saving you time. If you try to force it too fast that's when the injuries and accidents happen. Remember no matter how fast you are or how much they like you, one fender bender and you're toast.
I’ve seen drivers get into minor accidents and make their 30 days.....seen it quite a few times...

over9five

Staff member
Don’t worry air woman.... when you go around to do your pickups guys at the businesses will pretty much load your package car for you and when making deliveries they WILL be out front waiting for you pretending to be on a “smoke break”... you won’t even have to step out of the truck... trust me on this!
Leave the top 3 buttons of your shirt undone. Seen it, it works...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Leave the top 3 buttons of your shirt undone. Seen it, it works...
I had a semi-hottie do my route for a couple days when I was still in package and when I came back I had probably 90% of my business regulars ask me about her...and multiple guys wanted me to give her their phone number...pretty funny what pair of breasts will do to an man.... a woman with a brown uniform and a nice rack pretty much would rule the world...no joke

Tony Q

my first day alone (fourth day of 30) I had 115 stops, 65 Miles. One pickup had that didn’t get cancelled out of four. And five total “airs”. Six in a half hours planned day and I did in 8 hours and 15 min. No area knowledge but drove the route twice and had my three days with supervisor. Any suggestions on how to cut down time? Got followed last hour. Complaint was had 50 lb package that was long and wide, Used hand truck, cuz 50 yard driveway. They Told me have to be able to carry up to 70 without handcart and that I wasted time with hand truck. AppreciAte any advice. Once know area better will cut down time on turn arounds and having to look up a side street or two that’s new, on my Phone. But any other advice be appreciated.
Skip your lunch and breaks. sort the truck on these breaks. stay out of the back friend the truck as much as you can. Don't get psyched out about this job. you are a man and many men have figured out how to qualify. stay positive.

clneuhauser

I am in my 4th month driving full time. The one thing that saved me during my quest to run scratch was to clock out for any breaks INCLUDING when I couldn’t locate a package or needed to organize my truck. 3-5 min here and there when you can’t find the 6565 package, (or the RDL that was actually on the 8000) shelf adds up. Sure, you are donating time, but it pays off once you can set your own safe pace.

Also, take 10-15 min (clocked out) in the middle of your day to organize your truck. You will save the most time there.

Good luck!

Ripp

When I went driving the Sup took me out day one. I essentially worked as a Drivers Helper. Second day we went out, and we had to shuttle packages all over before our route so we ended up not starting our route till 1130 or so. Supposed to split time, but he wanted to get back and out by 430 so essentially driver helper day 2. Just everything the nitpicked about he didn't do of course like check mirrors, flashers, no safety rules, didn't teach me anything. When I got in the seat, do this, that. Be safe, run, we gotta hurry. 3rd day was told i'd be on my own, because I did such a great job. Did it for a few weeks. Drove in a few times no routes. Went in 1.5 hrs early to make sure my loads were marked and sorted, on and on. God I was a schmuck. Essentially 3 days a week and Saturday so 10 hrs free per week. I literally drove the truck for 5 miles, and touched the DIAD 5 times during training. I was so pumped for this opportunity but just self dqed and went back to the hub. Still work there but have a nice second job that pays as much, plus no bs. Sorry, there is nothing I wanted to do more, but my God I feel for you guys. 18.75 was nice but in all honesty the wear and tear and the horrible supervisors, man I couldn't last. Loved my driver mentor, and a few other drivers did everything to help me, but I didn't want to give up second job, and be miserable, and that first year looked excruciating. I just browsed through trying to find some info and saw this post. Glad it's not just here. I hope you get a good center OP.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I am in my 4th month driving full time. The one thing that saved me during my quest to run scratch was to clock out for any breaks INCLUDING when I couldn’t locate a package or needed to organize my truck. 3-5 min here and there when you can’t find the 6565 package, (or the RDL that was actually on the 8000) shelf adds up. Sure, you are donating time, but it pays off once you can set your own safe pace.

Also, take 10-15 min (clocked out) in the middle of your day to organize your truck. You will save the most time there.

Good luck!

Working off the clock is terrible advice.

People that work off the clock should be thrown out of the Union

wayfair

swollen member
Get an area map or mapbook. Put your phone away.
That's the only way to get area knowledge.

We had a driver get taken off the truck/relieved/removed and walked out for using his phone last week. Don't be that guy.
He'll get his job back, but you won't being in your packet.

Nj187

With the bad weather in the east coast. I did my 3 days with supervisor last week and only worked one day this week. I’m happy started my 30 working days out of 60 working days.
your supervisor is a complete mango to say something like that to you

anyways, DR everything possible, train yourself to only look at the DIAD for your next few stops as you walk back to the car, and if you have to search through a shelf organize it at the same time; don’t touch the same packages twice if you don’t have to

think on the move, don’t stop
was my supe and the manager was in truck w us just listening

Nj187

what is your sporh??
I don’t know the sporh but it’s a “six in a half hour” route. Then goes to 8/ 8 in a half week or two later. Did 65 stops before 2pm lunch. Then commercials and new stops/pickups, wasn’t familiar with took me four hours and change to do the other 35 stops give or take

Nj187

My

Good luck!
supe told me I couldn’t clock out first twenty min of day as a “break” I wanted to clock out and show up to first stop and go. Then take 40 min break. He said no not yet I want to see you make scratch without that. But can’t I do it anyway??its my time.