Fred S not named Secretary of Transportation

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Legal or illegal a sick or injured person is going to go to the nearest hospital for treatment. You tell me. What is that hospital to do if their license and or charter requires them to treat anyone who walks into that clinic or ER?

Hospitals are required to provide stabilizing care and are then allowed to dump those patients without health insurance on the nearest county facility.

bacha29

Hospitals are required to provide stabilizing care and are then allowed to dump those patients without health insurance on the nearest county facility.
What do you do when there is NO county owned facility? There is no county owned facility in my rural county or any neighboring county. The only facility of that nature that my county ever owned was a nursing home that it sold nearly 40 years ago to a private in order to raise money, wisely get out of the nursing home business and many of the surrounding counties did the same.

vantexan

Smith is a member and large contributor to the CATO Institute. Right along with the Koch's and other children born to wealth. A so called 'libertarian" but in reality conservative think tank that opposes unions, minimum wage laws supports right to work laws. Anything that will erode the wages of the nation's working class.
He's also the biggest owner of FedEx stock. Why would he want UPS to be more competitive?

bbsam

Staff member
B
He's also the biggest owner of FedEx stock. Why would he want UPS to be more competitive?
Because he wants another strike at UPS to capitalize short term and long term. How high would Fred's stock go if there were a strike?

Like it or not, the strike in 97 was a boon and wake up call for Smith.

vantexan

B

Because he wants another strike at UPS to capitalize short term and long term. How high would Fred's stock go if there were a strike?

Like it or not, the strike in 97 was a boon and wake up call for Smith.
OK, but he was saying Smith would get rid of the unions. How would they strike without a union?

Oldfart

You literally just described yourself.
LOL Find 1 fact or figure that I have posted that is not 100% accurate. While the miserables deal in general statements and claims, I deal in facts and truths. Like the movie said. Many on here can't handle the truth.

bacha29

If there are no publicly owned facilities within a reasonable distance the hospital would have to fully treat the patient.
How will the hospital be paid. ? A few years ago there was a small rural hospital down state from me. Dozens of gas drillers from down old fart way moved in with their no benefit plan employees. To the surprise of no one who goes pouring in to that little community hospital but scores well drillers along with their spouses, their live ins their legitimate kids and their illegitimate kids with no health insurance . In no time at all they exhausted the hospital's charity budget which the hospital has to establish through rate increases that are passed onto insurers. As a result the hospital was preparing to file for bankruptcy until some federal assistance arrived just in time to save it.

bacha29

LOL Find 1 fact or figure that I have posted that is not 100% accurate. While the miserables deal in general statements and claims, I deal in facts and truths. Like the movie said. Many on here can't handle the truth.
I see that you are still borrowing lines form 1980's movies and any other means you can obtain in an effort to reinforce your completely undeserved sense of self importance.

Oldfart

I see that you are still borrowing lines form 1980's movies and any other means you can obtain in an effort to reinforce your completely undeserved sense of self importance.
Na. While you deal in misery and false statements. I deal in truths and reality. No sense of self importance here, just telling the truth. You should try it sometime.

bacha29

Na. While you deal in misery and false statements. I deal in truths and reality. No sense of self importance here, just telling the truth. You should try it sometime.
Since we have to go back to your world that being the world of the 1980's I'm going to use another piece of fiction fro that era and change it slightly an effort to help you understand. Now what you believe to be truths and realism might be correct in your world......The World According To Oldfart. The world you live in . Not the one the rest of us live in.

vantexan

That's how companies get rid of unions. Unions strike, companies hire scabs, etc.
Hmm, UPS is going to replace hundreds of thousands of drivers with scabs willing to work for less money and fewer, lesser benefits. Sounds like Fred would be cannibalizing Ground. Nah, not going to happen.

bbsam

Staff member
Hmm, UPS is going to replace hundreds of thousands of drivers with scabs willing to work for less money and fewer, lesser benefits. Sounds like Fred would be cannibalizing Ground. Nah, not going to happen.
Why not cannibalize it? The strife between the Union and UPS wouldn't end overnight. X's stock would go through the roof. Fred cashes out. When in business, people can't get emotionally attached like that.