Fred's Net Worth Now $4B

vantexan

Maybe you need to read a book on money management. Dave Ramsey and Susan Orman both have excellent books. Seems like your knowledge of financial matters is very limited and you just can't get ahead financially. It isnt always an income problem. Yours sound like you just can't grasp how to manage your money and that has made you more bitter.
If you had been on here awhile you'd know I'm fairly familiar with finance. But let me tell you my TRUMP card. In 4 months I'll be in Mexico. The Peso has cratered in the last year which lets those holding Dollars live comfortably on less. I'm taking the accelerated pension, the Social Security leveling option, which will give me $20k for 12 years, then drops to about $2800 a year. I'll be able to save at least $10k a year for the next seven years, then put the entire pension into savings for 5 years when SS starts at 62. There's just no way I could save this much staying at FedEx. And I'll be free from FedEx to boot.

Oldfart

If you had been on here awhile you'd know I'm fairly familiar with finance. But let me tell you my TRUMP card. In 4 months I'll be in Mexico. The Peso has cratered in the last year which lets those holding Dollars live comfortably on less. I'm taking the accelerated pension, the Social Security leveling option, which will give me $20k for 12 years, then drops to about $2800 a year. I'll be able to save at least $10k a year for the next seven years, then put the entire pension into savings for 5 years when SS starts at 62. There's just no way I could save this much staying at FedEx. And I'll be free from FedEx to boot.
Living in Mexico is a plan? Sounds like a punishment.

I figured you were not married. The SS leveling is quick money but does nothing for a surviving spouse.

bacha29

Mr. Oldfart. Unlike yourself, we don't worship the company. We just work for it. And when anybody offers less than glorious opinions it angers you to the point to where your only recourse is name calling. Given that the comments and opinions expressed on the site are obviously causing you high levels of emotional distress then why do you read them? Why do you feel so compelled to run to the defense of that damn company? it will not better your standing. It won't put another nickel in your retirement account and when you leave that company you'll be forgotten so quickly it will make your head spin. In today's business world there is no longer any loyalty or allegiance , nothing's binding. Everything works on a quarterly operating results and EPS basis. So tell us in what way does you staunch defense of that company benefit you personally ?

Oldfart

Mr. Oldfart. Unlike yourself, we don't worship the company. We just work for it. And when anybody offers less than glorious opinions it angers you to the point to where your only recourse is name calling. Given that the comments and opinions expressed on the site are obviously causing you high levels of emotional distress then why do you read them? Why do you feel so compelled to run to the defense of that damn company? it will not better your standing. It won't put another nickel in your retirement account and when you leave that company you'll be forgotten so quickly it will make your head spin. In today's business world there is no longer any loyalty or allegiance , nothing's binding. Everything works on a quarterly operating results and EPS basis. So tell us in what way does you staunch defense of that company benefit you personally ?
I don't worship. I do appreciate the long term stability it has given me. Never had to worry about layoffs in DGO. Work as many hours as I want, thus, making as much money as I want. As a stockholder, the better the earnings are, hopefully the more my stock will be worth. Been holding some stock from before the splits began. I don't concern myself with things that I can't control or that don't affect me. I know nothing about Ground issues, I don't even know any Ground drivers or owners. I mind my own business as far as money goes and don't want to know your money problems. Everyone has problems. I wont make my problems yours and don't want to make your problems mine. It isn't the best job with the best pay with the best benefits, but it has provided well for me and my family and allowed me to raise my 3 kids pretty comfortably.

Oldfart

That certainly doesn't excuse such rampant greed.
Salary disparity between executives and lower level employees has always been very wide and isn't going away. I would bet Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook and Google employees suffer the same fate.

vantexan

Salary disparity between executives and lower level employees has always been very wide and isn't going away. I would bet Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook and Google employees suffer the same fate.
No, different world. Very lucrative industries, much smaller workforces, high tech oriented. Except for warehouse workers at Amazon that is.

Oldfart

No, different world. Very lucrative industries, much smaller workforces, high tech oriented. Except for warehouse workers at Amazon that is.
OK, how bout Walmart, GM, GE, Home Depot. CEO pay is ridiculous at all levels. One of the Waltons made 750 MILLION last year just in stock dividends. No worse here and not much better anywhere else in a large company.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

He can't acknowledge that Fred being a rich kid might have helped just a bit. I wonder how some of us might have fared with such a huge head start. Smith never had to worry about money except when he almost tanked the company and had to embezzle his sisters.

Also, I heard he got a "C" on the famous Yale paper because he paid classmate George W. Bush to write it for him, and Bush couldn't spell "Smith".

old fart is the sad, pathetic case of the Kool-Aid addiction and Weasel Worship.
Doesnt that bitter taste in your mouth ever get old.

Better than the baby batter in your mouth. Is it bitter?