Free Money!!!

When, If or Do you take a lunch?

• I take it sometimes, cuz the other times I’m a runner.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I take it inside the building at the end cuz I’m a loser and a runner!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Dont listen to that know-it-all. He is wrong again.
The perimeters are route driven as verified by the Labor Dept here. In our area we are manadated to a 3 hr window. If you are driving an excessive distance past restaurants to eat during the window written in the cba then it may cause you to be scrutenized as being off area. If your route dispatch takes you a few miles away from restaurant(s) and you have to break off to stay within the CBA language covering meal time then so be it.
The orion system had me taking my lunch after the allotted time just to get an extended business delivered before their (everyday) close time of 15:00. I said sorry, im taking lunch as written in the cba and breaking trace (20 miles at times) to deliver the business before they close.
They changed my dispatch after a week and life is better for the bean counters in ie.

Awful hard to squat in one?

Where does he come up with this :censored2:

Rack em

Made the Podium
I always take my break mid morning and my lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour. Doesn't matter if I didn't pack a lunch and there's no where to eat, if I'm coming up on hour 5½ I pull over and take my lunch.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I’m with you on that. However, I will never allow UPS to pull a fast one on me. They salivate when five drivers take their lunches after 5. That’s an automatic route cut. That was told to me by an Orion geek.
I want to see the diads shut down between 11-2, no reason they can’t do that like in California....this would be an absolute game changer....I know it was being discussed at national negotiations..... the company shouldn’t be against this since they want drivers taking their personal time....

Rack em

Made the Podium
I want to see the diads shut down between 11-2, no reason they can’t do that like in California....this would be an absolute game changer....I know it was being discussed at national negotiations..... the company shouldn’t be against this since they want drivers taking their personal time....
11-2? You want mandatory 3 hour lunches?

542thruNthru

It doesn't shut down at a certain time. When you punch out for lunch it locks the board for 30min. We still have lunch skippers here. They do 1 of 3 things. 1 take lunch while driving back to the building. 2 take lunch when back at the building. 3 take lunch and leave and have a OMS punch them out at the end.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It doesn't shut down at a certain time. When you punch out for lunch it locks the board for 30min. We still have lunch skippers here. They do 1 of 3 things. 1 take lunch while driving back to the building. 2 take lunch when back at the building. 3 take lunch and leave and have a OMS punch them out at the end.
Those all are bs.... that crap needs to be put to a stop... we have some real gamers here!!!

542thruNthru

Those all are bs.... that crap needs to be put to a stop... we have some real gamers here!!!

Agree and I've warned many that if they were to get into a accident while driving to the building "on lunch". They could be terminated. Most roll their eyes and ignore me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you serious? The Company loves lunch runners.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You think that’s ok??? Everybody should take their lunch....or “meal” for big boy feeder truckers...

Did I say that it was OK?

A report is generated on a daily basis that shows those drivers who either did not enter a lunch, entered only a partial lunch, or entered a full lunch and performed work during that time. They already have the means to put this to an end. Why do you think they haven't? Because it is free money.