Free Money!!!

When, If or Do you take a lunch?

• I take it sometimes, cuz the other times I’m a runner.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I take it inside the building at the end cuz I’m a loser and a runner!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Agree and I've warned many that if they were to get into a accident while driving to the building "on lunch". They could be terminated. Most roll their eyes and ignore me.
Damn kids!!! When they are 5 years in and on their 4th surgery and can barely get up into the pkg car anymore they will look back and wished they’d taken your advice....typical kids, not being able to look beyond the next iPhone rollout..... smfh!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Did I say that it was OK?

A report is generated on a daily basis that shows those drivers who either did not enter a lunch, entered only a partial lunch, or entered a full lunch and performed work during that time. They already have the means to put this to an end. Why do you think they haven't? Because it is free money.
I agree but the union should be able to get that info and shut it down

Rack em

Made the Podium
Agree and I've warned many that if they were to get into a accident while driving to the building "on lunch". They could be terminated. Most roll their eyes and ignore me.
If they are stupid enough to cut corners, skip lunch, and drive while on lunch, then they deserve to lose their job.

I want to see the diads shut down between 11-2, no reason they can’t do that like in California....this would be an absolute game changer....I know it was being discussed at national negotiations..... the company shouldn’t be against this since they want drivers taking their personal time....
The diad only shuts down when you start your lunch. If you don’t put your lunch in, it won’t shut down. The union had no influence on the diad shuting down.

Rack em

Made the Podium
You are right----they will receive twice the dues and H&W contributions as they will have to hire 2 people to replace me.
Being proud of working hard is not a bad thing, but it is when you effect other people. Your work ethic is way more suited for Fedex ground, not a union position.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The diad only shuts down when you start your lunch. If you don’t put your lunch in, it won’t shut down. The union had no influence on the diad shuting down.
Why isn’t the company pushing these guys into taking lunches... they were harping on it here for years....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You are right----they will receive twice the dues and H&W contributions as they will have to hire 2 people to replace me.
If they have to hire 2 people to replace you then you have a warped version of what “hard” work is.... it’s not killing yourself or putting your body into such stress that you are requiring yourself to get operations to fix things.... how many operations have you had in your career here????

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Now that I have everyone’s attention, I’m curious on when or if “Fulltime Package Drivers” take a lunch everyday.
I take anywhere from 15-45 minutes 99% of the time.

10 min paid +1 min unpaid is what's been agreed upon by my union and labor.

I know 3 that have been caned....2 got their jobs back... that was over a decade ago.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Being proud of working hard is not a bad thing, but it is when you effect other people. Your work ethic is way more suited for Fedex ground, not a union position.
Most of the fedex employee I ever knew on my old pkg car route would asskiss with the customers and drink coffee with them....they would do that for a few months then flip them into using fedex ground shipping... as I was sweating my ass off on all of their pkgs and saying hi, bye like @Gumby.... I saw that happen multiple times...