From The Chairman: Transition to Ground

vantexan

No matter how you slice it, it only stands to reason that the guy who will run 4 more miles for 40 more stops is going to make out a hell of a lot better under this new plan than the guy who will run 40 more miles for 4 more stops. ......and there's going to be a lot who will end up doing just that.
And there will be stops just down the street from a regular Ground stop, even in the country. Overall more mileage, but it balances out.

bacha29

And there will be stops just down the street from a regular Ground stop, even in the country. Overall more mileage, but it balances out.
Streets? LOL. Not the case out where I'm at. Remember too it's a consumption based business that depends heavily on discretionary spending. Thin populations and thin wallets make for thin settlements.

vantexan

Streets? LOL. Not the case out where I'm at. Remember too it's a consumption based business that depends heavily on discretionary spending. Thin populations and thin wallets make for thin settlements.
"Just down the street" is a figure of speech. Find it hard to believe you didn't have at least one town in your area. I've delivered in rural Mississippi and rural areas on the border. I've seen poverty and yet still had freight. You're just trying to attack FedEx any way possible. And no, you won't make the money a big city contractor would make in those areas but then you don't have his headaches either. Any problems you have in rural areas are exponentially bigger in cities. Have done both, would take a rural route anytime.

bacha29

"Just down the street" is a figure of speech. Find it hard to believe you didn't have at least one town in your area. I've delivered in rural Mississippi and rural areas on the border. I've seen poverty and yet still had freight. You're just trying to attack FedEx any way possible. And no, you won't make the money a big city contractor would make in those areas but then you don't have his headaches either. Any problems you have in rural areas are exponentially bigger in cities. Have done both, would take a rural route anytime.
May I remind you that never had to haul under any other Fedex terms except that of an employee.

bacha29

Deliveries are deliveries amigo. And they were on us to perform too.
But the fact still remains that you never operated under any other economic terms other than that of an employee. They gave you a truck a time card and a route to run. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

vantexan

But the fact still remains that you never operated under any other economic terms other than that of an employee. They gave you a truck a time card and a route to run. It doesn't get any simpler than that.
I will put routes I've done up against anything you have done. I kept transferring into routes that the locals wouldn't touch and had no way of knowing what I was getting into. One route was so ridiculous the 4X10 cover driver blew up at my mgr and screamed that no one should have to work this hard. I was running windsprints and now have the knees to prove it. So be careful throwing it around how easy I had it. You sound like a few mgrs who were real smug about my routes and then ran them when I was on vacation. A lot more appreciative after that. And I have never had a swing post better numbers than me.

bacha29

I will put routes I've done up against anything you have done. I kept transferring into routes that the locals wouldn't touch and had no way of knowing what I was getting into. One route was so ridiculous the 4X10 cover driver blew up at my mgr and screamed that no one should have to work this hard. I was running windsprints and now have the knees to prove it. So be careful throwing it around how easy I had it. You sound like a few mgrs who were real smug about my routes and then ran them when I was on vacation. A lot more appreciative after that. And I have never had a swing post better numbers than me.
I'll put you in for a Presidential Commendation........But the fact of the matter still exists. You got paid BY THE HOUR and without having to put a nickel's worth of personal investment at risk.

vantexan

I'll put you in for a Presidential Commendation........But the fact of the matter still exists. You got paid BY THE HOUR and without having to put a nickel's worth of personal investment at risk.
Still worked harder than you. From the way you bellyache I doubt you would've lasted long at Express. But hey if you can swing Trump putting a medal around my neck I would love that. :)

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

THIS is what makes FXE preferable over FXG when doing rural areas... 4 drivers have quit over my old rural route already and it's not yet 2 months since i transferred (starting salary rate is too low for the amount of driving newbies are getting into ~ no house/mailbox #s, dealing with country dogs, long drives between stops, etc.)

i'm now doing twice the amount of stops in a condensed suburbia setting over the rural route that i used to do without any stress because of area knowledge and that most of my customers had my cellphone #.

sure, i'm in a new town almost every day now. but the BCs set up those sections so i can quickly line up those stops and knock em out. weekend/mondays are sometimes a circus due to add/cuts, but i'm still getting done way before 2000

when im done before rush hour, i'll go see if neighboring ground drivers with heavy pickups need help; i'll take off their resis to make room for more p/up cargo & they can continue on

yadig

What makes you believe that?
I think ground is gonna get everything but p1. We were told Friday in a meeting that ground will be putting trailers at our ramp. We’re gonna sort it and they will do a drop and hook. Why stop there? It’s cheap labor. It may hurt the rla though with them ground trailers all over the ramps. Some stations will probably be dissolved also.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I care. How long were you at Ground?
It doesn't matter if he left FXG... doesn't want to be middlemen management with personal assets into the race for the lowest level drivers.

I don't see another influx of trainee drivers yet as well, so the FXE terminals will still be fully staffed for at least the rest of the year.

Don't worry until then; these terminals are reliant on the FXG subcontractors to find enough drivers, but at this rate (@ least in my area) it's not going to be a smooth transition

Working4the1%

THIS is what makes FXE preferable over FXG when doing rural areas... 4 drivers have quit over my old rural route already and it's not yet 2 months since i transferred (starting salary rate is too low for the amount of driving newbies are getting into ~ no house/mailbox #s, dealing with country dogs, long drives between stops, etc.)

i'm now doing twice the amount of stops in a condensed suburbia setting over the rural route that i used to do without any stress because of area knowledge and that most of my customers had my cellphone #.

sure, i'm in a new town almost every day now. but the BCs set up those sections so i can quickly line up those stops and knock em out. weekend/mondays are sometimes a circus due to add/cuts, but i'm still getting done way before 2000

when im done before rush hour, i'll go see if neighboring ground drivers with heavy pickups need help; i'll take off their resis to make room for more p/up cargo & they can continue on
Your hard work is paying for my benefits..thank you sir BZ !!!!!!!

bacha29

I care. How long were you at Ground?
If all I had to do was to deliver envelopes all day then outside of the possibility of a paper cut infection I would have lasted as long as you if not longer.

And being that you're the self appointed corporate apologist I trust that you're still receiving some type of compensation from Fat Freddy.......or at least you should be.

bacha29

Whatever you guys think might happen could happen or will happen one number stands out above and beyond all else........145....That's what the stock closed at today and that's lower than it was when the volume shift was announced.

Maui

I think ground is gonna get everything but p1. We were told Friday in a meeting that ground will be putting trailers at our ramp. We’re gonna sort it and they will do a drop and hook. Why stop there? It’s cheap labor. It may hurt the rla though with them ground trailers all over the ramps. Some stations will probably be dissolved also.
How would that even work?