From The Chairman: Transition to Ground

vantexan

If Amazon decides to become a common carrier, they will significantly change the paradigm, and it's quite possible they will do so. What is so hard to understand?

Bezos could buy an entire fleet of freighters for cash along with the facilities to support the operation. Same for trucking.

You and Dano must have come from the same brick factory as vantexan.
Awwww, MrFedEx is working out all of his angst again. One thing to take note on though. Besos ISN'T doing any of the things you're saying. Sure, he might, but it appears he's got his hands full with Amazon. And to do what you claim he's doing would require a lot more infrastructure than what he currently has. If he started now it would most likely be a decade if not longer before he's competing head to head with FedEx or UPS. And it would most likely look like Ground because profits aren't as high with air freight. So speculate away. Over time it just makes you look ignorant as people realize you're full of hot air.

bacha29

Why wouldn't he? He's all about exploring boundaries, up to and including space. I hope he puts FredEx out of business.
FDX opened this AM at 139. The corona virus could put a bigger lick on Fat Freddy than Bezos could at least in the near term . In addition the volatility index has doubled in the past week and with the 10yr at 1.26% half what it was just a year ago . With all that incredibly cheap money piled up everywhere somebody might just get really brave and do something nobody ever expected them to do.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Amazon could literally buy FedEx for cash, without venture capital and/or investor approval. They could also start moving the products of other companies,utilizing the massive distribution network they're building.

If Bezos wanted to buy 500 wide-body freighters and challenge FedEx Express directly, he could. Same with Ground, since he has essentially copied their business model.

Let's see what happens, OK? Bezos is far from done.

As usual, you're both a tool and a fool.

Again, what is Amazon doing that's a threat to FedEx's volume? I see two coulds and an if, all posted by a goof.

59 Dano

Unless a company is selling on Amazon, they will not ship with Amazon. What is so hard to understand. No threat

Oh come on, didn't you see all of the "if" and "could" and contingencies and speculation that MF posted? :D

I love his argument. "If Bezos wanted, he could do [fill in the blank]. Because I've made that speculation, FedEx should be worried."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh come on, didn't you see all of the "if" and "could" and contingencies and speculation that MF posted? :D

I love his argument. "If Bezos wanted, he could do [fill in the blank]. Because I've made that speculation, FedEx should be worried."

I guess you missed Fred's speech a few months ago where he acknowledged Amazon as a competitor and that revenues were adversely affected more than previously stated.

You sleep with the guy and you didn't know that?

Bezos is already cleaning Fred's clock, just like you clean his ...

59 Dano

I guess you missed Fred's speech a few months ago where he acknowledged Amazon as a competitor and that revenues were adversely affected more than previously stated.

You sleep with the guy and you didn't know that?

Bezos is already cleaning Fred's clock, just like you clean his ...

AGAIN - what freight is FDX at risk of losing to Amazon? You have such a difficult time with this. You make some dumb remark, you double down on it, you are asked to provide an example of it and you respond with your usual innuendo and stupid nonsense.

AGAIN - I'll just take that as your admission that you don't know what you're talking about. It's OK. We knew all along.

zeev

FDX opened this AM at 139. The corona virus could put a bigger lick on Fat Freddy than Bezos could at least in the near term . In addition the volatility index has doubled in the past week and with the 10yr at 1.26% half what it was just a year ago . With all that incredibly cheap money piled up everywhere somebody might just get really brave and do something nobody ever expected them to do.
Fedex’s 2 year chart is really ugly I expect a price under 100. soon Fast Freddy set himself up by falsely blaming the tariffs and now China and corona will be a big headwind.

bacha29

Fedex’s 2 year chart is really ugly I expect a price under 100. soon Fast Freddy set himself up by falsely blaming the tariffs and now China and corona will be a big headwind.
Hit a new 52 week low this AM .....134 Came back a bit this PM when the bargain hunters bought a little.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
AGAIN - what freight is FDX at risk of losing to Amazon? You have such a difficult time with this. You make some dumb remark, you double down on it, you are asked to provide an example of it and you respond with your usual innuendo and stupid nonsense.

AGAIN - I'll just take that as your admission that you don't know what you're talking about. It's OK. We knew all along.

A usual, a corporate response. Please tell me you saw Mr. Smith's speech on Amazon. Straight from the horse's mouth and you still deny it.

59 Dano

It's funny how Dano refuses to acknowledge the Smith speech on Amazon a couple months back. Telling.

I heard Fred. I'm asking YOU what freight is FedEx at risk of losing to Amazon. Surely you can give me an answer. It's not like you to babble on, not knowing what you're talking about LOL LOL LOL LOL!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I heard Fred. I'm asking YOU what freight is FedEx at risk of losing to Amazon. Surely you can give me an answer. It's not like you to babble on, not knowing what you're talking about LOL LOL LOL LOL!
Still not sure MFE and BACHA aren’t the same person.

All bloviation and innuendo.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Still not sure MFE and BACHA aren’t the same person.

All bloviation and innuendo.

Impossible, because bloviation and innuendo are exclusively Conservitard territory. Dano, tell us exactly what Fred said in his commentary, please. You know, about Amazon being a direct competitor. He also acknowledged that the loss of Amazon freight had been understated in terms of effects upon FedEx revenues.

That sentence confirms it all. I can hardly wait until Bezos either goes common carrier with both truck and air, or vastly expands his aircraft fleet and decides he wants to steal FedEx and UPS market share by selling Express transportation at far lower rates.

Let's see how the upcoming pandemic affects FedEx and Amazon. I predict a huge loss in business and stock value for FDX and a huge increase in Amazon business as fearful Republicans avoid public places and anyone who isn't of Aryan heritage.

Empty freighters are really expensive, Dano. Even the ones that are being parked in the desert.

Again, you LIE, sir.

59 Dano

. Dano, tell us exactly what Fred said in his commentary, please. You know, about Amazon being a direct competitor

Fred considers them a competitor. If they're a competitor (they aren't), then Express freight is at risk of being lost to Amazon. Your turn - what freight is Express at risk of losing to Amazon?

bacha29

While the market just had it's biggest one day gain ever Fat Freddy's company actually closed DOWN for the day and earlier in the day came close to being back at it's 52 week low.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Fred explained it to you, and now you're openly disagreeing with your Fearless Leader. He runs the company, not you, so I'm wondering how your opinion will play out at the next meeting of incompetent management.

Maybe you should email Fred and tell him that he's wrong.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fred considers them a competitor. If they're a competitor (they aren't), then Express freight is at risk of being lost to Amazon. Your turn - what freight is Express at risk of losing to Amazon?

Line 1. It doesn't matter what you think because you're not in charge. Fred is, for now at least. I think you need to stand up against upper management. Then you can get your dream job at Hot Dog On A Stick.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
While the market just had it's biggest one day gain ever Fat Freddy's company actually closed DOWN for the day and earlier in the day came close to being back at it's 52 week low.

Stock will continue to plunge as international freight disappears and more aircraft get parked. Jets only make money when they're running, and only at or near full capacity. It is very expensive to have planes sitting on the ground or operating half full. FedEx still hasn't received all of it's new 767's and 777's from Boeing yet. Are they going straight to the desert and mothballs?