From The Chairman: Transition to Ground

Working4the1%

Not a threat

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"I seent some Amazon trucks thay are duh-liverin' the stuff thay sell to the people what buyed it. THEY ARE A THRAY-UT!"

Cletus hier!! ewE No Dano, eWe ar won smart feller. what eWe don no iz thet ur dumm az a rok!!

Seriously, Bezos can do whatever he wants whenever he wants. Freddie is on his knees right now. Or are you on yours?

Amazon...not a threat. At all, Ever.

Sure.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Cletus hier!! ewE No Dano, eWe ar won smart feller. what eWe don no iz thet ur dumm az a rok!!

Seriously, Bezos can do whatever he wants whenever he wants. Freddie is on his knees right now. Or are you on yours?

Amazon...not a threat. At all, Ever.

Sure.

That's what you do when you can't create a logical explanation, just like when you can't created a logical explanation about the RLA status.

Tell me, what is Amazon doing that's a threat to FedEx's volume?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No, it hasn't. Come on, you know you want to prove it.

The chart or whatever it was said that certain packages will be transferred to Ground if service can be preserved. Beyond that, these are intra-market packages and it will expand later.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's what you do when you can't create a logical explanation, just like when you can't created a logical explanation about the RLA status.

Tell me, what is Amazon doing that's a threat to FedEx's volume?

Amazon could literally buy FedEx for cash, without venture capital and/or investor approval. They could also start moving the products of other companies,utilizing the massive distribution network they're building.

If Bezos wanted to buy 500 wide-body freighters and challenge FedEx Express directly, he could. Same with Ground, since he has essentially copied their business model.

Let's see what happens, OK? Bezos is far from done.

As usual, you're both a tool and a fool.

Bingo

Amazon could literally buy FedEx for cash, without venture capital and/or investor approval. They could also start moving the products of other companies,utilizing the massive distribution network they're building.

If Bezos wanted to buy 500 wide-body freighters and challenge FedEx Express directly, he could. Same with Ground, since he has essentially copied their business model.

Let's see what happens, OK? Bezos is far from done.

As usual, you're both a tool and a fool.
Unless a company is selling on Amazon, they will not ship with Amazon. What is so hard to understand. No threat

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Unless a company is selling on Amazon, they will not ship with Amazon. What is so hard to understand. No threat

If Amazon decides to become a common carrier, they will significantly change the paradigm, and it's quite possible they will do so. What is so hard to understand?

Bezos could buy an entire fleet of freighters for cash along with the facilities to support the operation. Same for trucking.

You and Dano must have come from the same brick factory as vantexan.

bacha29

If Amazon decides to become a common carrier, they will significantly change the paradigm, and it's quite possible they will do so. What is so hard to understand?

Bezos could buy an entire fleet of freighters for cash along with the facilities to support the operation. Same for trucking.

Glad to see that somebody has finally brought up the possibility of Bezos becoming a common carrier.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Question is, why would Bezos? He’s accomplishing what he set out to do, unless it collapses in on itself.

It will be fine

Glad to see that somebody has finally brought up the possibility of Bezos becoming a common carrier.
Are you under the impression that idea hasn’t been brought up before? There’s still no reason why he’d want to be. If he did it would be to utilize excess capacity and he’s still a long way off handling all his own stuff.

bacha29

Are you under the impression that idea hasn’t been brought up before? There’s still no reason why he’d want to be. If he did it would be to utilize excess capacity and he’s still a long way off handling all his own stuff.
It's been brought up before just can't recall it being brought up on this thread. On the other hand until the market gains new traction given that I've heard comments regarding a possible 20% market correction I would be surprised if anyone in the transport sector makes anything the would represent a major move until things settle down and that might take awhile. I'm hearing and reading estimates that it will take 9-18 months to do it.