FT Supervisors 12+ hr Days

dragracer66

And I suppose all that money you are making you feel you earn??? Please!! Once again I call you a LOSER!!!!!
I am ready for any name calling you can dish out, it doesn't phase me dude.. Have a rotten day!! P.S. you say "why do WE have to bail out that fund?" like the money came out of your pocket, you are just a P- on who is running scared to get the job done and who is scared to lose his job if he screws up...How do you go to the bathroom with your butt-hole so tight from being scared???
DITTO!!!!! M4L is the reason we need unions. If he had it his way he would fire people for not covering there mouth when sneezing!!!! M4L YOU ARE A LOSER, AND I WISH OUR PATHS WOULD CROSS, I would like to see if you would talk that way with me in your face!!!!!!:angry::angry:

tieguy

Banned
I managed a large grocery store for several years, and I think it's the same in almost every company - lower management gets treated like dirt.

I don't think the guy is complaining about being treated like dirt. How your treated and the hours you work can be two different things. You don't have to accept mistreatment the responsibilities of the job may require you to put in some hours.

You could possibly use the same analogy in the driver ranks. A junior driver bids on the crappier assignments. Generally anyone junior in any function gets the less appealing jobs or tougher assignments.

Its good to see they are hiring a couple of part time sups to help you with the workload. At that point your ability to train them and delegate will dictate your ability to reduce your hours.

The day you're putting in is a bit unusual for a part time preload. Are you working a full time preload?

tieguy

Banned
You know, that is your opinion. IMO managers are overpaid and underqualified typically and they'd aught to be paid quite a bit less if they weren't working 12-14 hour days.

And yet ups continues to make record profits and produce the highest margins in the industry despite all these overpaid /underqualified managers? How can that be.

dragracer66

And yet ups continues to make record profits and produce the highest margins in the industry despite all these overpaid /underqualified managers? How can that be.
The union employees should get the credit for that!!! What does mangement do to get those numbers??? Our drivers are out there eveyday making the deliveries and picking up packages and doing sales leads not management all you guys do is turn them in and get the credit for it!!!! So when M4L says he hates the union its because of the union he is in the position he's in!!! I still say M4L is fake no real manager could act like that in todays world and get away with it.....

tieguy

Banned
The union employees should get the credit for that!!! What does mangement do to get those numbers???..

66 I didn't realize I could only give the credit to the union employees or to managment. I have no problem giving it to both.

I hope by now you know what management does to run the business.

However the point I addressed was that management is overpaid and underqualified.

My point again is that the results of this businees do not reflect that sentiment.

Treegrower

66 I didn't realize I could only give the credit to the union employees or to managment. I have no problem giving it to both.

I hope by now you know what management does to run the business.

However the point I addressed was that management is overpaid and underqualified.

My point again is that the results of this businees do not reflect that sentiment.

....What's the qoute in ads for financial services I always hear?......."past performance does not indicate future sucess".. or something along those lines. I agree UPS was wildly sucessful but now sadly they seem have have lost their way. From NDA and Fred S to RPS then remote delivery, then going public at the height of the stock boom(just a horrible time to go public) to the fact they they went public at all, flat stock prices. I've been here for over a 1/4 century. There was a time when mgt. really knew the business and how to operate it. I am not so sure anymore. The strike of '97 reqally showed just how much the drivers are relied upon to really make the whole business run. I am not just talking about the actual driving from point A to B but rather just how much we are the face and heart and soul of the business in the publics eye. Everyday we turn straw into gold ala "Rupplestillskin". I personally have to take a really bad dispatch(not every single day) and really bad mgt. decisions (almost every single day) and go out there in all kinds of weather and situations ( just ask Tooner) and "MAKE IT HAPPEN" for UPS. Only to be told the next day just how much I suck.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
....What's the qoute in ads for financial services I always hear?......."past performance does not indicate future sucess".. or something along those lines. I agree UPS was wildly sucessful but now sadly they seem have have lost their way. From NDA and Fred S to RPS then remote delivery, then going public at the height of the stock boom(just a horrible time to go public) to the fact they they went public at all, flat stock prices. I've been here for over a 1/4 century. There was a time when mgt. really knew the business and how to operate it. I am not so sure anymore. The strike of '97 reqally showed just how much the drivers are relied upon to really make the whole business run. I am not just talking about the actual driving from point A to B but rather just how much we are the face and heart and soul of the business in the publics eye. Everyday we turn straw into gold ala "Rupplestillskin". I personally have to take a really bad dispatch(not every single day) and really bad mgt. decisions (almost every single day) and go out there in all kinds of weather and situations ( just ask Tooner) and "MAKE IT HAPPEN" for UPS. Only to be told the next day just how much I suck.

Wow!! Couldn't have said it better, spot on!

UPS Lifer

Manager4Life kind of derailed this thread but reading these posts it seems we are all full of ourselves! It takes everyone working together to make this company successful from the inside people to the support staff to the drivers and the management team.

HazMatMan

Manager4Life kind of derailed this thread but reading these posts it seems we are all full of ourselves! It takes everyone working together to make this company successful from the inside people to the support staff to the drivers and the management team.

Only in a perfect world will this happen. Everyone is out for themselves.

12 Hoggin

Thanks for all that responded...heres the update...got with my manager and Division Manager and they both agreed, that the work I had to do daily was a bit excessive...I now have got my days down to 8-9 hour days, due to work being delegated to under-utilized OMS Supervisors!!!

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Thanks for all that responded...heres the update...got with my manager and Division Manager and they both agreed, that the work I had to do daily was a bit excessive...I now have got my days down to 8-9 hour days, due to work being delegated to under-utilized OMS Supervisors!!!

Glad to hear you got your situation taken care of. I know when my wife was a preload sup, she would usually wind up working a at least 12 hours a day. She usually would have to take out a p/t person on a pkg car to cover extra work or a driver that called in sick that day. She finally got so fed up with it that she took the buy-out back in 95 after 21 years of service.

Not to say that I don't have some major issues with our management team from time to time but you couldn't pay me enough money to ever put a tie on and put up with the BS you guys have to deal with. I like the fact that I can voice my displeasures with my center team while they have to grin and bear the abuse from their bosses At least after I deliver my packages I can go home and forget UPS ever existed.

tieguy

Banned
....What's the qoute in ads for financial services I always hear?......."past performance does not indicate future sucess".. or something along those lines. I agree UPS was wildly sucessful but now sadly they seem have have lost their way.

In fact those same soothsayers would be the first to look at past performance when making investment choices. 100 years of continued success is hard to argue with. I can't remember a year when some old timer with this company has not remarked on how we have lost direction. Yet the formula still works and we still continue on the path of success.

Hedley_Lamarr

I just made book in February, my center manager is already trying to sell me on becoming a supervisor. I have over twenty years supervisory experience, with various trucking companies. There is no FRIGGEN way I would even consider becoming a supervisor again...

Channahon

Glad to hear you got your situation taken care of. I know when my wife was a preload sup, she would usually wind up working a at least 12 hours a day. She usually would have to take out a p/t person on a pkg car to cover extra work or a driver that called in sick that day. She finally got so fed up with it that she took the buy-out back in 95 after 21 years of service.

Not to say that I don't have some major issues with our management team from time to time but you couldn't pay me enough money to ever put a tie on and put up with the BS you guys have to deal with. I like the fact that I can voice my displeasures with my center team while they have to grin and bear the abuse from their bosses At least after I deliver my packages I can go home and forget UPS ever existed.

Oh, wearing a tie or a skirt is not all that bad. 12 Hoggin got some great advice, talked with his manager and division manager and is now working 3-4 less hours per day.

That in itself says a lot about 12 Hoggin to take his concerns to his management and get an acceptable resolution. In his/her case, the work was re-evaluated and delegated to an under utilized OMS.

I would rather have a supervisor or manager come to me than continue to be miserable and overworked in their assignment. Sometimes there is so much requested of operations by the Staff functions, you just have to throw the balls up in the air, and catch them the best you can.

And the leaving UPS behind, I'll tell you, although I worked there for 28 years, and I walked out the door for the last time, it seems like I never worked there that long. Just keep the checks coming!!