Full time and Divorce

oldngray

nowhere special
Probably 2 to 3 years into a marriage is the biggest adjustment. It is when you are moving from honeymoon period to living the rest of your lives together. The stress at those times causes many marriages to fail.

Browndriver5

OP you don't want to be in a relationship where you are comparing your life to your partners. Some men roll over and think its okay for us to put more into the relationship than the woman. I was in a relationship that was like a marriage for 3 years and I was the one who was always driving an hour just to see her 4x a week and since she was in school and had no job her parents and I were her source of income therefore I started getting pissed as I thought I was having to go out of my way all the time just to make the relationship work. It ends a relationship rather quickly. Be with someone who is willing to go that extra mile for you like you are for her. That's a relationship my friend

I hear ya. I try to focus on the positives. I come from more of and old fashioned family and my parents worked it out for 35+ year. I dont want to give up or quit but I cant live like this. And I am a man, I work my butt off, save money, and plan for retirement. I'm not complaining about the job, I enjoy my job.
What are some of her positives? Seriously name some on here of on a piece of paper to yourself

TheCreepo

TOS
Has the best advice on here. If your wife is cold, distant has no interest in you something is off big time. Same exact situation for me. My best friend told me she's having an affair it's sad but he was being a friend. Several months later of "working it out" I caught her at some guys house when she was with at "sister" birthday dinner.

UPSER110

TOS
Has the best advice on here. If your wife is cold, distant has no interest in you something is off big time. Same exact situation for me. My best friend told me she's having an affair it's sad but he was being a friend. Several months later of "working it out" I caught her at some guys house when she was with at "sister" birthday dinner.
Damn, I feel sorry for ya man. I'm not sure if she is having an affair, but something is going on for sure.

Faceplanted

We make 34 an hour and u can't pay somebody to do your yard/around the house work so u can enjoy some quality time with your wife and some me time? Come on man

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Too bad this logic will end up costing him 1500 a month in alimony and if he's dumb enough to pro create with her, another 1000 a month in child support.

Thats 2500 a month for loving her positives.

TOS.

Their wages are equal so there will be no alimony.

There are no kids so support is not part of the equation.

Divide the debt(s) equally and move on.

UPSER110

Their wages are equal so there will be no alimony.

There are no kids so support is not part of the equation.

Divide the debt(s) equally and move on.

I make more yearly, she makes more on the hour than me. I have a 401 and so does she. I actually think she has a pension too.

Faceplanted

I enjoy building my race car, hanging with the boys, and tons of other things but being in a marrisge means u need to set aside some time for your wife. A nice dinner, a fun day together ect. These little thoughtful things go a long way especially when we are away from home basically all day 5 days a week and than come home beat.

UPSGUY72

Good luck in what ever happens. My wife has filed for divorce 3 times the first to she changed her mind. This time it's for good I'm done with her if she changes her mind I'm not.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Go buy yourself a motorcycle and get out and enjoy life----a single seater
That is what both of my hubbys bikes are, single. If I want to ride, I have to learn how to "drive".
Our situations changed, and he does cooking all week, since hes home. Against his will, retired. I cook on the weekend, as I feel he deserves it, taking care of me all week. (but then again I dont know if anyone deserves my cooking) I do the laundry and shopping for the most part all of the laundry, and some of the shopping.
We have just worked it out. Yes I work more hours, but he does all the yard work, all the mechanical work, I have not had a repair bill on the house or the vehicles in years. all of the doggy day care, which I totally wish I could do. And anything else I ask him to do.
I totally love when he takes and afternoon to have lunch with a friend or go to the flea market when I cant go. We have gotten over the I do this, and you do that for the most part.
The harmony is much better when you care about the other persons happiness.