Full time driver position

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Bruno, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Bruno

Bruno New Member

Do all Fulltime drivers start out as 22.4 drivers now? I’m looking at a job listing that says fulltime delivery driver and applicant will either work M-F or T-Sa. Doesn’t say anything about working inside or working a flexible schedule...

2. JustDeliverIt

JustDeliverIt Active Member

No. Some buildings don't even have 22.4 jobs. Have to read the bid sheet or ask HR.

3. Bruno

Bruno New Member

Like this position? Would it be for a regular package delivery position?

Attached Files:

4. JustDeliverIt

JustDeliverIt Active Member

Yeah, that just looks like a generic ad. If the building delivers Saturdays now than chances are it is a 22.4 position. Doesn't have to be, but a good chance it is. If the building does not deliver Saturdays than the position is a RPCD. Can't hire 22.4's if there is no Saturday delivery from that hub.

5. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Notice how it is implied the heaviest in the truck may be 70 lbs?
    How many have never had one over 70?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. OKLABob

OKLABob Active Member

Lol only 70 pounds.... I feel like there is no limit they just slap 150 pound label on a 250 lb package.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

Lol that's what I saw as well. How many GOSH FARM 90 pound mattresses and 110 pound bed frames and 149 (? Weird) desks and chests of drawers do I deliver every week?

Did I even mention the box filled with rocks, literally filled with rocks, that said 150 lb on it? That I couldn't even rock back and forth? I'll never figure out how they got that into my truck in the morning.

8. Bruno

Bruno New Member

Here’s another listing that I was thinking for sure was a 22.4 position.

Attached Files: