Full Time Only Shift? Remove all Part Timers?

Daf

Well it seems, so I've heard, part timers could potentially sway negotiations however they'd like if they were to participate. So why doesn't the union try to corral them all to voting and participating? Where as UPS knows the majority of us would not mind full time hours so using us as a bait of sort seems tactical.
The union would love to have part timers vote. Problem is that in right to work states a lot of part timers refuse to sign up until the first time they get in trouble and need something. It’s time to excercise their rights instead of not doing anything to help themselves have a voice. Then complain when they don’t get a voice.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Hi everyone. So we have a shift that has both part time and full time employees. Currently this hub is planning a change of operations and is planning to have only full time employees while all the other part timers will need to go to another shift or another hub.

Can they do this? Isn't their language in the contract that states part timers are to be used to back up full timers when they're not present?

Thanks.
That’s a fantastic plan!

Indecisi0n

Hi everyone. So we have a shift that has both part time and full time employees. Currently this hub is planning a change of operations and is planning to have only full time employees while all the other part timers will need to go to another shift or another hub.

Can they do this? Isn't their language in the contract that states part timers are to be used to back up full timers when they're not present?

Thanks.
Part timers are useless anyway.

PT Crazy

Correction. I make $36.10/hr as a part timer. I pay $90/month in union dues. Nearly the same as a full time driver. They want us part timers just for the $$.