Full-Time Supervisor Found Out My Browncafe Username...

Superteeth2478

...not that I care. It's funny because he texted me with a screenshot of one of the posts I made and told me that he immediately knew it was me (it was the one where I was talking about talking trash to supervisors for working and saying how they're only useful for making me money with grievances).

The best part is that I've never hidden behind the anonymity of my Browncafe alter-ego. If anyone tried to use what I said on Browncafe against me they wouldn't find anything. The funniest part is that a lot of supervisors at my hub think I file against them for working just for the sake of making money, but even on Browncafe where I didn't really expect anyone to identify me I'm still remarkably consistent as far as my motives for filing supervisors working grievances...it truly has nothing to do with money, it has to do with enforcing a contract knowing the reason the language was put into place.

It's seriously been a :censored2:show at my hub recently with the way unload is pushing volume and destroying the metros up front. Most supervisors think the best way to deal with this is to do the hourly work to keep from getting their asses chewed for the belt not going down on time. But they don't seem to realize that if they work their asses off to make it look like it works with the number of people that they have (which clearly isn't enough), they'll never get the number of people that they need.

So if any supervisor at my hub is reading this post knowing it's me, STOP DOING HOURLY WORK, IT'S ONLY MAKING THE :censored2:SHOW WORSE AND YOUR JOB MORE STRESSFUL!

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hello so-called suit monkey monitoring this site. This is what we think you are:
Jackass-e1357316562286.jpeg

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Why would sups waste company time on here anyway? Complete waste of time. I personally NEVER complain at the center, hate the people that do because it just feels like wallowing. I'm not an Eeyore.
This site is a safe place to simply get stuff off of my mind that bothers me throughout the day. And it honestly helps to know that my center isn't special and that I have brothers and sisters accross the country who are going through the same stuff as me.
Sups spending time on here is just another example of the company wasting money on nothing.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Why would sups waste company time on here anyway? Complete waste of time. I personally NEVER complain at the center, hate the people that do because it just feels like wallowing. I'm not an Eeyore.
This site is a safe place to simply get stuff off of my mind that bothers me throughout the day. And it honestly helps to know that my center isn't special and that I have brothers and sisters accross the country who are going through the same stuff as me.
Sups spending time on here is just another example of the company wasting money on nothing.

Some of them get on here to find out stuff about the union ,and how people are thinking about stuff. One of my former Divison Managers used to bring up stuff he read on Browncafe

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I used to keep myself covered on here but now I don't care. In fact, I even hope that old fat friend* Lee is scrambling desperately trying to figure out which center I'm in. ;)

RolloTony Brown Town

It's seriously been a :censored2:show at my hub recently with the way unload is pushing volume and destroying the metros up front. Most supervisors think the best way to deal with this is to do the hourly work to keep from getting their asses chewed for the belt not going down on time. But they don't seem to realize that if they work their asses off to make it look like it works with the number of people that they have (which clearly isn't enough), they'll never get the number of people that they need.

There’s some merit to what you’re saying but letting the operation tank won’t necessarily improve your staffing. If the preload/sort manager, division manager, ops manager, etc. does not think that staffing is the problem and doesn’t want to change what they’re doing then they’ll just keep doing it.

Doesn’t make it right. It is what it is. The grievance process does help because then there is a paper trail showing that the operation is failing or that management isn’t following the contract.

If the metro lines aren’t staffed to keep up with the unload then they should balance staffing and change the sort plan. Everyone has to be moving in the same direction though. Sound like management in your building Only care to bring the sort down.

Indecisi0n

...not that I care. It's funny because he texted me with a screenshot of one of the posts I made and told me that he immediately knew it was me (it was the one where I was talking about talking trash to supervisors for working and saying how they're only useful for making me money with grievances).

The best part is that I've never hidden behind the anonymity of my Browncafe alter-ego. If anyone tried to use what I said on Browncafe against me they wouldn't find anything. The funniest part is that a lot of supervisors at my hub think I file against them for working just for the sake of making money, but even on Browncafe where I didn't really expect anyone to identify me I'm still remarkably consistent as far as my motives for filing supervisors working grievances...it truly has nothing to do with money, it has to do with enforcing a contract knowing the reason the language was put into place.

So if any supervisor at my hub is reading this post knowing it's me, STOP DOING HOURLY WORK, IT'S ONLY MAKING THE :censored2:SHOW WORSE AND YOUR JOB MORE STRESSFUL!
Posts like this are inspiring. Where are the selfies ? You workout ?

Superteeth2478

There’s some merit to what you’re saying but letting the operation tank won’t necessarily improve your staffing. If the preload/sort manager, division manager, ops manager, etc. does not think that staffing is the problem and doesn’t want to change what they’re doing then they’ll just keep doing it.

Doesn’t make it right. It is what it is. The grievance process does help because then there is a paper trail showing that the operation is failing or that management isn’t following the contract.

If the metro lines aren’t staffed to keep up with the unload then they should balance staffing and change the sort plan. Everyone has to be moving in the same direction though. Sound like management in your building Only care to bring the sort down.
Exactly the thing. The flow out of unload CLEARLY shows there is no staffing issue. It's the improper utilization of the staffing they have that's the problem. They've let multiple load areas sit with no loaders and pushed volume out of unload so hard that large slide load areas get backed up all the way to me (the pick-off) within 20-30 minutes of the sort starting. That's how bad the flow is, and how bad the allocation of resources is in my building.

I think the preload manager is intelligent enough to have figured out the reason for all these supervisors working grievances (it's not like I don't explain to him the issue when he gets stacks of 15+ grievances at the end of the week), but he knows he just has to sign them and settle them. The sort plan actually apparently can't change because they HAVE to push the volume as hard as they're doing to get unload/small sort to finally stop sending volume about 30 minutes before driver start time, since they're starting at 5:00AM. That's on them. Start earlier, get the trailers to arrive sooner, and then you won't have to let load areas sit while they get slammed. But all these things are really out of their control, so it doesn't make a difference. They're all puppets on strings anyways. But working isn't helping it either. Just more stress for nothing. If you're getting chewed either way, at least you'll get chewed without having been working all day, every day and eating grievances from me.

Last edited:

Days

Exactly. Which is why this site is so nice sometimes

Indecisi0n

Hey, I actually do workout! Hell, for some reason people at my hub think I do steroids! And I can send you the nude selfies I snapped on my phone! The number is (555)867-5309! Call me baby!
I keep face timing you but no one is answering. I can't hold my legs up much longer so hurry and pick up!

ManInBrown

Sure sounds like you care. You started a thread on the topic and wrote a short novel.

Oh and PS. Superteeth FT sup go friend yourself

Superteeth2478

Sure sounds like you care. You started a thread on the topic and wrote a short novel.

Oh and PS. Superteeth FT sup go friend yourself
No, I don't care that he found out, but I do care about the supervisors working problem at my hub. That's really what I was ranting about anyways. Oh, and for what it's worth I think (I could be wrong) that my full-time supervisor has a certain modicum of respect for me. We go back and forth at work arguing about stuff all the time but at the end of the day I actually have a certain modicum of respect for him as well. It's an odd relationship. He knows he needs me because I'm a hard worker, and I respect that although he violates the contract on a daily basis as far as supervisors working he takes care of his people.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No, I don't care that he found out, but I do care about the supervisors working problem at my hub. That's really what I was ranting about anyways. Oh, and for what it's worth I think (I could be wrong) that my full-time supervisor has a certain modicum of respect for me. We go back and forth at work arguing about stuff all the time but at the end of the day I actually have a certain modicum of respect for him as well. It's an odd relationship. He knows he needs me because I'm a hard worker, and I respect that although he violates the contract on a daily basis as far as supervisors working he takes care of his people.

Do you also have the hardest pull in the building?