Funeral leave

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Not my words, just the prevailing thought.

People try and abuse it. That's why they can ask for documentation.

I mean.... how many times can your grandmother pass away ?
My FT sup was really cool (he is a great guy) texted me about my mother-in laws obit because the guys I work with wanted to know (not really). Upper management was probably breaking his chops about verification.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
What a soul-crushing company to actually have language like this for when a mother / father / sister / brother dies. 2 days. I cried more than that when my dog died.
i banged the day she passed and came in the next day and i wasn't ready. had a few emotional moments with guys giving condolences and my boss sent me home. ended up getting guaranteed 8 instead of pay actual which was very cool of him to do i thought. otherwise here its pretty much always been 4 days regardless of travel or weekend for a human death.

Scoot

So my mother just died. Got a call on Tues from hospice that she could go anytime. I came off road that day and waited with her until Saturday when she finally passed. Hospice jumped the gun a little but there was no way of knowing.

Her wishes were no visitation or services. I have nothing to attend at this point. My question: Is there any chance I'm going to get bereavement pay for the 3 days I waited with her? It seems unlikely based on the wording of the contract. Not sure how much leeway they have with that.

rod

Retired 22 years
So my mother just died. Got a call on Tues from hospice that she could go anytime. I came off road that day and waited with her until Saturday when she finally passed. Hospice jumped the gun a little but there was no way of knowing.

Her wishes were no visitation or services. I have nothing to attend at this point. My question: Is there any chance I'm going to get bereavement pay for the 3 days I waited with her? It seems unlikely based on the wording of the contract. Not sure how much leeway they have with that.
Ask your center manager (not a sup). Some of them actually have a heart when it comes to a death in an employees family. Just my opinion but I would say you probably won't get paid but it never hurts to ask. Sorry for your loss.

542thruNthru

Sorry for your loss.

The reason you will probably not get paid is because they would have to make a adjustment through payroll. They hate doing that and I've heard they get dinged for it. Still it doesn't hurt to ask.

35years

Gravy route
It's the National language.... prior to 1982.

You know I got a copy.... ;)
"That language was negotiated in 1982 when Jackie Presser was President.

Prior to that, it was (and still is) 4 days for a pre-1982 member."

Is the 4 days contingent on travel for a pre-1982 member?

Thanks Bug.
Not too many of us pre-1982 guys left!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So I am a pre 1982 member (I know. right) ....

Do I receive 4 days of pay for any relative mentioned above, or only for the "close" group mentioned?

Just the immediate family members, initially mentioned.

Also is the 4 days contingent on travel for a pre 1982 member?

It's just a straight 4 days. (paid)

Any other time off, would be at the discretion of the company. (un-paid)