Funny FDX video shown on the national news.

purplesky

I don't condone her behavior, (yes, stack them in the back, close the door and do a rearrange out of view) ... but I hope the person recording this, felt like a "hero" for getting someone fired. Wonder if his/her company "allows" this type of video recording? Then again, if it was a "competitor" they probably gave him/her a raise. Yesterday I watched the handlers (who by the way are NOT getting a raise) toss, throw and kick packages on the belt. The managers stood right there and watched ... didn't say "nada, nil, nothing!" Hypocrites to say the least.

If you deliver for UPS or FDX or any company you have to be professional at all times when you are out in the public view. That FDX woman probably threw packages all the time so it would have caught up with her sooner or later.

It does suck that she lost her job in this economy but she only has herself to blame. I bet the person who shot the video has seen her throw the packages before and was waiting for her.

TUT

Guard in viral FedEx package-tossing video speaks out after losing job | 7online.com
The guy helping the (now) ex-fedex employee was a security guard and not a FedEx employee..he also was fired. He says he deserves the punishment. Could there be a lawsuit against his employer in the works...???

Read it, if Fedex Mgmt doesn't know this happens they are out of touch. It is happening all the time, their break-down pallets to scan leans itself to tossing boxes with goods that can take tossing. I'm pretty sure they know. The thing comes down to if you are tossing a box with a tshirt in it... is that really bad? Or just bad because someone caught it on camera?

Ricochet1a

Looks like the Express Courier had an employee # of 199XXX (withholding the last 3 digits). Assigned to JRBA located on 48th Street (used to be 45th Street apparently). This employee is confirmed as making pickups out of that station, the day of the actual incident. Can't give names here, but initials of G.G. match with this employee number. Moderator, if this too much, just edit out the initials, but leave everything else up - I don't think initials violates TOS of BC.

The employee roster for this station has this employee still listed as of Monday early afternoon (Memphis time), but that can change at any time. The on-line personnel roster usually is the Last thing that is amended after an employee quits or is fired. If you or someone you know can get into the Express intranet, pull up this station's personnel roster and get the employee name for yourself. About the only way this will be confirmed (short of her making a public statement), is when her name is yanked off the roster - that is why I'm putting up just enough info NOW. If this employee comes up 'missing' from the station roster - it will be tacit confirmation as to identity.

There is another employee number hit with a number in the 420XXX range - but doesn't appear to match other data that would support this employee being the one in question.

In regards to the guard - it looks like the story that was floating around during the weekend (the man possibly being the FXO store manager), may have caused FedEx to get him publicly identified AFTER they learned it wasn't one of their employees (they would've had egg on their face 'big time' if that story was true and he was the FXO manager). No way to confirm if he was given any sort of consideration in exchange for his public statement exonerating FedEx in his conduct.

Unless the former Courier goes public, there will be no public admission on FedEx's part as to who she is. FedEx wants to sweep this under the rug, so don't expect them to make any further statements unless the former employee goes public with something.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Re: UPS has their idiots too.

Managers at my station were going around with a letter for us to sign because of this video. We had to acknowledge that we would not toss, drop or throw any packages and do our best to protect the FedEx image. Mind you, it's okay for couriers to walk around with threadbare uniforms. Go figure.

vantexan

Managers at my station were going around with a letter for us to sign because of this video. We had to acknowledge that we would not toss, drop or throw any packages and do our best to protect the FedEx image. Mind you, it's okay for couriers to walk around with threadbare uniforms. Go figure.

We're washing trucks once a month now. Been driving a very muddy truck for almost two weeks.

ProfitServiceProfit

Ditto on the once a month truck wash and the sheet we're supposed to sign. Ours said we acknowledged watching a video and participating in a meeting with management about how to properly handle customer packages. Seeing as how neither of those things have occurred I refused to sign it. Haven't said anything to me yet about it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Typical FedEx response. Have you sign something that protects them, not you. They are fully aware of the way packages are mistreated and otherwise abused, much of it due to chronic understaffing. Please tell me what you are supposed to do when your manager tells you to pull 2 extra trucks on the AM Sort? Place each package on a pillow with a mint on top? No..it gets tossed onto the shelf, slid along the floor, or thrown over the stack already in the back of the truck. Plausible denial. FedEx sucks and is rotten to the core. Totally dishonest, both to customers AND employees.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Can't figure out what was to gain from driving on the sidewalk. He/she could have easily parked in the street and not lost any real time. In fact, the truck go faster on the street than it can on that bumpy sidewalk. :why:

This is surprising coming from a UPS driver. I would fully expect it from a FedEx Ground driver.

bbsam

Staff member

This UPS driver has to be a new seasonal driver. This driver is done at UPS. We get charged for an accident if we drive(barely touch) on a customers lawn.

I think you are wrong. This video was discussed months ago. Don't recall him being seasonal or fired.

purplesky

I think you are wrong. This video was discussed months ago. Don't recall him being seasonal or fired.

This video is from 1/12 so yes its pretty old. It could have been a seasonal driver? Either way I doubt this driver is still with UPS unless he was in his 30 days and was disqualified and went back to the hub. I guess it could have been a sup working peak?

Does anybody from the Gainesville FL. center know what happened to this :censored2: of a UPS driver?

Its strange the FDX video has 1.5 million hits and the UPS truck on the sidewalk has only 28,000 hits. I guess throwing the customers property wins.:happy-very:

purplesky

Can't figure out what was to gain from driving on the sidewalk. He/she could have easily parked in the street and not lost any real time. In fact, the truck go faster on the street than it can on that bumpy sidewalk. :why:

And the guy in the video says he was playing his XBOX and he is calling the UPS driver lazy? Kind of funny actually.:happy-very: I love my xbox and ps3 and my xps tower but playing video games is the ultimate in lazy when compared to working for UPS.:wink2:

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

That was me sorry. I am a seasonal driver. If it was a Ground truck, no one would have cared. In fact, they would be filming one driving legally in the street, because that's so rare.

FEDUPZE

This driver got his job back and rightfully so.....if you play the video more than once you will notice he is going less than 5 mph. I know this area the street is extremely busy. staying up on the utility easement is the best option. DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IM SAYING?!?!? He is on public easement. That means a city backhoe can come in and dig a huge hole in that area. SO...WTF. I know for a fact that this driver has a child and at the time one on the way. So stressfull for someone trying to get the job done. Slow news week I guess get a life!!!!

overflowed

This driver got his job back and rightfully so.....if you play the video more than once you will notice he is going less than 5 mph. I know this area the street is extremely busy. staying up on the utility easement is the best option. DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IM SAYING?!?!? He is on public easement. That means a city backhoe can come in and dig a huge hole in that area. SO...WTF. I know for a fact that this driver has a child and at the time one on the way. So stressfull for someone trying to get the job done. Slow news week I guess get a life!!!!
Who are you talking about? The last post was from 2 years ago.