Funny FDX video shown on the national news.

EffOff

You know, I don't like Fedex, because I worked for Kinko's, which was a decent company until FedEx bought it and effed it up. But have zip respect or sympathy for *******s like that delivery person. She's throwing people's property around - people who had nothing to do with her problems, people who trusted her to act professionally with their possessions.

I hope this video insures that she never gets a job again.

overflowed

The person filming looks like another deliver driver. Slow it down and look at the panel of the vehicle when he moves the phone down at the beginning. It looks almost like a old grumman or something.

Ricochet1a

Some interesting things have been communicated to me regarding this.

It took place on 22 E 44 Street Manhattan NY.

What is interesting about this address is that just around the corner is a FedEx Office location.... on 360 Madison. Not more than 100-150 feet from where this video was shot.

The Courier was loading freight from that Office location, with what appears to be the store manager 'helping' her. Absolutely no confirmation if this man in the video is the store manager and if he is - whether he still has a job.

A considerable amount of the video that was shot has been edited out from the clips on YouTube.

The video (can't confirm), was taken by a Ground driver waiting to load freight from that Office location.

Now... the Express Courier screwed up... but the video is looking more and more like a setup job.

It will be VERY interesting to find out if the man in the video is indeed the manager of that Office location - and if he is, whether he keeps his job.

DontThrowPackages

Some interesting things have been communicated to me regarding this.

It took place on 22 E 44 Street Manhattan NY.

What is interesting about this address is that just around the corner is a FedEx Office location.... on 360 Madison. Not more than 100-150 feet from where this video was shot.

The Courier was loading freight from that Office location, with what appears to be the store manager 'helping' her. Absolutely no confirmation if this man in the video is the store manager and if he is - whether he still has a job.

A considerable amount of the video that was shot has been edited out from the clips on YouTube.

The video (can't confirm), was taken by a Ground driver waiting to load freight from that Office location.

Now... the Express Courier screwed up... but the video is looking more and more like a setup job.

It will be VERY interesting to find out if the man in the video is indeed the manager of that Office location - and if he is, whether he keeps his job.
I heard, "both employees....." were let go.

Ricochet1a

Also appears to be an Express 'World Service Center' (station) on 25 W 45th Street, maybe 500-750 feet away from this incident took place.

JRBA is what looks to be the station.... (can't get a hit on JRBA though)

DorkHead

I am always thinking "work smarter, not harder" every day on my route. She had help. Why not get in the truck and shelve the pkgs that he would hand to her? Now she had to handle them all twice.

Five Star

Really? This is NEWS!?

This happens thousands of times a day all over the country. I watch package handlers throwing computer boxes 10 feet over other packages every day during our stations reload operations. Managers walk by and never say a thing (actually, they prefer it because of the time-constraints they are under - throwing is more efficient than gently moving). This is the NEW-FedEx under the direction of Matthew Thornton. In the ol' days when I started, a manager would write you up immediately if they saw you doing as little as tossing a small package to another employee. Now, it is so common-place that no one thinks twice. FedEx (and UPS) know that of every 100 thrown packages, only a few will actually break, so they speed up the system at minimal cost to pay out claims. When you are told over and over that you will recieve a "Warning Letter" (3 letters gets you fired) if you get back to the station even a minute later than your goal, you really can't take the time to worry about what happens to the packages. Matt Thornton has threatened to fire managers if their couriers do not meet stringent productivity goals. Sorry customers, but you are not our main concern anymore! But why is this news? If it is, it is "old news"!

CJinx

Two pullers...6 trucks..one major mall getting 200-300 pkgs(boxes..30lbs clothes etc). Mgrs at other end of belt hiding. Belt is not stopping...pkgs are piling up...pkgs 6 trucks up are also piling up into the mix. You have no clue, like most of upper mgmt and people not in the trenches.
Similar setup in my building; 1 package handler is expected to load three trucks. We also have floaters who go wherever they are needed. Our loaders view the bulk report every morning so they know how heavy their trucks are going to be. This isn't rocket science. There is no need and no possible way to justify throwing a package. Would you throw it if it was your package?

It becomes my problem once someone breaks something, and if it broke because someone threw it then their name will be in the report and a copy of that will land on their manager's desk as well as their manager's manager's desk. After that one guy was caught throwing a TV over a fence, our SM has had zero tolerance for anyone throwing packages.

MAKAVELI

Two pullers...6 trucks..one major mall getting 200-300 pkgs(boxes..30lbs clothes etc). Mgrs at other end of belt hiding. Belt is not stopping...pkgs are piling up...pkgs 6 trucks up are also piling up into the mix. You have no clue, like most of upper mgmt and people not in the trenches.
Similar setup in my building; 1 package handler is expected to load three trucks. We also have floaters who go wherever they are needed. Our loaders view the bulk report every morning so they know how heavy their trucks are going to be. This isn't rocket science. There is no need and no possible way to justify throwing a package. Would you throw it if it was your package?

It becomes my problem once someone breaks something, and if it broke because someone threw it then their name will be in the report and a copy of that will land on their manager's desk as well as their manager's manager's desk. After that one guy was caught throwing a TV over a fence, our SM has had zero tolerance for anyone throwing packages.
It's not your problem, it's your job security. Let management do their job and you do yours.

MAKAVELI

It's not your problem, it's your job security. Let management do their job and you do yours.
One way to view it, I guess. Problem is if we keep breaking people's stuff, sooner or later nobody will want to give us their stuff.
The real problem is that corporate sets unrealistic productivity goals which creates these damaged pkg issues and unsafe working conditions. Both on road and off. Then corporate only does something when they are caught in the public eye. Many of us are telling you this is common company wide so maybe you should put down the kool aid and open your eyes.