FXG, let the revolving door spin faster!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They're avoiding that terminal by using another shipper. Don't know what kind of answer you're shooting for, but the fact is that shippers are STILL shipping Ground packages to that zip code/terminal. I know if I lived there, I'd be complaining to every shipper that used FXG to demand some sort of compensation for delayed packages. If people aren't doing that, shippers won't change their behavior. :shrugs:
Does the carrier inform the shipper which terminal a given package will pass through?

If not, then the shipper cannot directly choose, or avoid, the terminal.

If the shipper has suffered the fate of their package falling into this ‘black hole’ terminal, then they choose another carrier, not the terminal used.

On an aside note....is ‘black hole’ a permissible term?

It will be fine

Then they’re choosing another shipper, not the terminal.
I love when you are obviously wrong but keep crying, arguing semantics. Ground is doing poorly in Detroit, shippers keep sending packages to Detroit using Ground. The imminent collapse of the entire Ground network isn’t happening.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I love when you are obviously wrong but keep crying, arguing semantics. Ground is doing poorly in Detroit, shippers keep sending packages to Detroit using Ground. The imminent collapse of the entire Ground network isn’t happening.
Words have meaning in my universe. Shame that doesn't hold true in yours.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well....you’re hoping there’s no collapse anyway.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What sweeping reactive changes have been made since you’ve worked there? I don’t think you really understand the situation.

All that many people know is their station and maybe their market and don't understand how relevant (or irrelevant) the things that happen at their station are in a bigger picture.

AB831

What sweeping reactive changes have been made since you’ve worked there? I don’t think you really understand the situation.
Adding tablets to every truck and then removing them less than six months later, creating a step progression system and then abandoning it two years later, buying new aircraft and then grounding them months later because of a dip in volume, etc. Every initiative this company spearheads is the most important thing on earth until it isn’t.

59 Dano

Adding tablets to every truck and then removing them less than six months later, creating a step progression system and then abandoning it two years later, buying new aircraft and then grounding them months later because of a dip in volume, etc. Every initiative this company spearheads is the most important thing on earth until it isn’t.

If you're in a situation and all available information says that A is the better decision than B, you go with decision A.

Gone fishin

Ground is now under the microscope by big box shippers , Walmart, Target , etc.With continuing late , lost , stolen packages is now starting to wear on the companies and changes could be coming. Fred will have to make a decision. Do you want the ball in Jordan’s hands (express) or Lonzo Balls ( ground ). We all know the right decision

59 Dano

Ground is now under the microscope by big box shippers , Walmart, Target , etc.With continuing late , lost , stolen packages is now starting to wear on the companies and changes could be coming. Fred will have to make a decision. Do you want the ball in Jordan’s hands (express) or Lonzo Balls ( ground ). We all know the right decision

Shippers have a certain amount of late/lost packages that they're willing to tolerate based on how much they're paying and they also understand the difference between a systemic problem and a localized problem. If you think big changes are afoot, nah.

Gone fishin

Shippers have a certain amount of late/lost packages that they're willing to tolerate based on how much they're paying and they also understand the difference between a systemic problem and a localized problem. If you think big changes are afoot, nah.
Exactly , the line in the sand has been stepped over by miles. They’re losing disgruntled customers. They are not going to stand for it , change could be needed. We’ll find out

It will be fine

So you think Express could handle Ground freight? LOL. Express has nothing approaching the equipment or staff. Big box shippers split their volume between the major carriers already. If a location is suffering they divert volume to the carrier that isn’t.

Gone fishin

So you think Express could handle Ground freight? LOL. Express has nothing approaching the equipment or staff. Big box shippers split their volume between the major carriers already. If a location is suffering they divert volume to the carrier that isn’t.
Don’t kill the messenger , I’m just telling you the facts. The pandemic is giving ground an excuse for now , but it won’t last forever. Keep an eye on it for big changes

It will be fine

Don’t kill the messenger , I’m just telling you the facts. The pandemic is giving ground an excuse for now , but it won’t last forever. Keep an eye on it for big changes
You are a messenger of nothing. You have a bizarre hope that one of the profitable legs of FedEx will collapse and that will somehow redound to your benefit. FedEx isn’t going to invest in infrastructure as much the next few years. The capacity that is going to handle the volume increase will be Ground. They are clearing out space in the Express network by diverting to Ground. The biggest change I expect is my second daily dispatch of trucks loaded with deliveries.

Star B

White Lightening
Adding tablets to every truck and then removing them less than six months later,
"every" truck.

We didn't see them. Plus, you have to try out the tech to see if it works in the real world. (holy :censored2: did I just defend FXE, i gotta get my brain checked)

Gone fishin

You are a messenger of nothing. You have a bizarre hope that one of the profitable legs of FedEx will collapse and that will somehow redound to your benefit. FedEx isn’t going to invest in infrastructure as much the next few years. The capacity that is going to handle the volume increase will be Ground. They are clearing out space in the Express network by diverting to Ground. The biggest change I expect is my second daily dispatch of trucks loaded with deliveries.
Trust me , I don’t want more stops. The problem is ground has circulated through the work force here and now are coming up short. Target pays 15 an hour for example. Kids today aren’t from the old school , computers, analyst, healthcare, etc. My kids wouldn’t step foot in a truck and thank god for that.
Ground puts job opportunities for ground on Facebook. The comments are comical and embarrassing. Fred’s biggest flaw is he didn’t anticipate the generational change in the work force.
Remember, anyone can write a plan on a piece of paper, that doesn’t mean it will work. DRA DRA. DRA

It will be fine

Trust me , I don’t want more stops. The problem is ground has circulated through the work force here and now are coming up short. Target pays 15 an hour for example. Kids today aren’t from the old school , computers, analyst, healthcare, etc. My kids wouldn’t step foot in a truck and thank god for that.
Ground puts job opportunities for ground on Facebook. The comments are comical and embarrassing. Fred’s biggest flaw is he didn’t anticipate the generational change in the work force.
Remember, anyone can write a plan on a piece of paper, that doesn’t mean it will work. DRA DRA. DRA
This argument makes no sense. “Kids today won’t drive a truck for a job.” If that’s your contention how does that equal kids today will drive a truck for Express?

Gone fishin

This argument makes no sense. “Kids today won’t drive a truck for a job.” If that’s your contention how does that equal kids today will drive a truck for Express?
I’m saying express too , are night shift and part time rts are a revolving door. Obviously the things that help express are the benefits and it’s possible for a career if full time.

AB831

Exactly. If I can make $15 an hour playing on Snapchat all shift at Target or $15 to work myself into a grave at Ground, guess which option I’m taking. No one 30 and under is going to make this a career anymore. Fat Freddy can adjust accordingly or he can watch Oak Park become a reality nationwide as his veteran workers burn out and retire/quit/go on medical leave/etc. His track record indicates he will choose poorly.

It will be fine

Exactly. If I can make $15 an hour playing on Snapchat all shift at Target or $15 to work myself into a grave at Ground, guess which option I’m taking. No one 30 and under is going to make this a career anymore. Fat Freddy can adjust accordingly or he can watch Oak Park become a reality nationwide as his veteran workers burn out and retire/quit/go on medical leave/etc. His track record indicates he will choose poorly.
What benefit is there for the workers to make driving a delivery truck a career? I hired a guy that started Wednesday, he delivered 130 stops today in about 8 hours making around $19/hr. It’s not that hard to find these people.