FXG, let the revolving door spin faster!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Uh, nope. .. I maintain my line, the BCs on those other van lines said they all failed today/lost cause & to rest up for Monday

OrioN

As long as one knows it's just a weekly paycheck, FXG is a viable option for paying bills and possibly stashing up some form of nest egg

I'm seeing multiple applications now, but as they're being oriented to this dead end job, I usually remind them it's not going to get better as peak season arrives...

AB831

As long as one knows it's just a weekly paycheck, FXG is a viable option for paying bills and possibly stashing up some form of nest egg

I'm seeing multiple applications now, but as they're being oriented to this dead end job, I usually remind them it's not going to get better as peak season arrives...
Peak season will be a living horror story

ckmluo

I recently left FedEx Ground CSP for an Amazon DSP. A lot of the same, but four days weeks are nice to have when planning your next career goals. Can't do that with FedEx 6+ day weeks. Drivers for my CSP worked upwards of 20+ days straight with FedEx not giving one flying saucer about HOS.

My plan is to go to vocational school while working.

Working4the1%

I recently left FedEx Ground CSP for an Amazon DSP. A lot of the same, but four days weeks are nice to have when planning your next career goals. Can't do that with FedEx 6+ day weeks. Drivers for my CSP worked upwards of 20+ days straight with FedEx not giving one flying saucer about HOS.

My plan is to go to vocational school while working.
Just a heads up AC stands for Air Conditioning. No more drying your sweat covered wife beater out on the driver mirror. Congrats on vocational. Guy I know got into elevator repair. Union pension and high pay...wait that sounds like UPS

OrioN

Bump, our team lost a good driver. He got sick of the mismanagement and went to my old terminal.

Similar purple promise work ethic as me... sad to see him go (I actually told
that terminal was better than this current one)

Another decent regular route driver is leaving as well.... his paycheck was incorrect for many weeks now and it'll take 2 drivers to cover his route until they find a UPS-quality driver willing to do it for less than half of what a real ups driver would make off this route.

Due to bad BCs and no sense of teamwork, this ship is sinking fast... yes, I turned down the offer to be a BC AO and a few others as well.

Not worth the little bit more peanuts to deal with some of the incoming premadonna amazon type drivers this company is hiring.

Plus still not enough scanners, extra batteries, chargers.

I'm printing out the detailed manifest since that contains the tracking numbers of all the "scanned" cargo for the day, in case that loaner Panasonic scanner battery dies...

Keeping my options open. I can always go back to my old terminal in a heartbeat, but I'll miss the short commute

bacha29

Bump, our team lost a good driver. He got sick of the mismanagement and went to my old terminal.

Similar purple promise work ethic as me... sad to see him go (I actually told
that terminal was better than this current one)

Another decent regular route driver is leaving as well.... his paycheck was incorrect for many weeks now and it'll take 2 drivers to cover his route until they find a UPS-quality driver willing to do it for less than half of what a real ups driver would make off this route.

Due to bad BCs and no sense of teamwork, this ship is sinking fast... yes, I turned down the offer to be a BC AO and a few others as well.

Not worth the little bit more peanuts to deal with some of the incoming premadonna amazon type drivers this company is hiring.

Plus still not enough scanners, extra batteries, chargers.

I'm printing out the detailed manifest since that contains the tracking numbers of all the "scanned" cargo for the day, in case that loaner Panasonic scanner battery dies...

Keeping my options open. I can always go back to my old terminal in a heartbeat, but I'll miss the short commute
You do what is in your best interests because all you're doing now is making somebody else rich while in doing so you will in the end be so busted up physically that any other prospective employer will spot it right away and send you right back out the door you came in.

OrioN

Yeah, Rob, I'm applying All Good Kids Like Milk... that Mr Smith person doesn't know that it can be applied outside of safe driving methods.

Aim high.. well, not so much since I am hesitant in turning wrenches for a living. I know of a diesel mechanic that's a driver for a subcontractor right now, sooooooo yeah

I got the big picture about this type of operation. Just from driving out of 4 terminals and covering over 100 routes by now, one sees a lot of things.

Keep my eyes moving, yeah, I see some of the back end of these types of businesses & it really does take good management to keep em running smoothly. My older BCs and route owners see the value of a reliable driver these days. These newer BCs got to get up to speed when it comes to teamwork.

Remove the blinders with just worrying about your own van line and network with the other managers to form a more cohesive network ; you're all under the same investor group, even though your van line is named blue group, while the other is named Red group, etc...

Left myself an out, we'll I'm readily employable by any other subcontractor when I walk into a terminal; seems they know me than I know any of them.

Make sure others see you. Yeah, everyone knows my work ethics, so no worries there. Including the big wigs on FXG

bacha29

Yeah, Rob, I'm applying All Good Kids Like Milk... that Mr Smith person doesn't know that it can be applied outside of safe driving methods.

Aim high.. well, not so much since I am hesitant in turning wrenches for a living. I know of a diesel mechanic that's a driver for a subcontractor right now, sooooooo yeah

I got the big picture about this type of operation. Just from driving out of 4 terminals and covering over 100 routes by now, one sees a lot of things.

Keep my eyes moving, yeah, I see some of the back end of these types of businesses & it really does take good management to keep em running smoothly. My older BCs and route owners see the value of a reliable driver these days. These newer BCs got to get up to speed when it comes to teamwork.

Remove the blinders with just worrying about your own van line and network with the other managers to form a more cohesive network ; you're all under the same investor group, even though your van line is named blue group, while the other is named Red group, etc...

Left myself an out, we'll I'm readily employable by any other subcontractor when I walk into a terminal; seems they know me than I know any of them.

Make sure others see you. Yeah, everyone knows my work ethics, so no worries there. Including the big wigs on FXG
You don't worry about BC's AO's managers and owners. You only worry about yourself. Why? Because they're not going to worry about what happens to you. It's not about being employable at another terminal or another contractor. it's about securing a stream of income that will serve you when the ravages of ageing set in as they invariably do. And a job like that quickly accelerates the process and the pain levels that go with it.

That industry is chewing through bodies faster than a beaver through a softwood sapling. So get to a better place.... SOON!

OrioN

This job is just to cover taxes utilities etc for the home we're in. Anything extra goes to other investment ventures as others known here as rental properties. Don't want to gamble on the stock market; & I'm ok with steady roi right now

I can convert a stealth rv vehicle down the road. Rent out the home, and drive across the states... do that for a few years, then set up shop to earn income with other hobbies.

So what's your retirement plans?

bacha29

This job is just to cover taxes utilities etc for the home we're in. Anything extra goes to other investment ventures as others known here as rental properties. Don't want to gamble on the stock market; & I'm ok with steady roi right now

I can convert a stealth rv vehicle down the road. Rent out the home, and drive across the states... do that for a few years, then set up shop to earn income with other hobbies.

Very simple. When I woke up this morning I knew who I was and where I was. I didn't poop my pants, choke on my oatmeal, beat up my care giver or try to set my bed on fire. Continuing onward with this same daily regimen is my near term plan.

OrioN

Stuck in a nursing home???

No way, they're understaffed and the nurse aid ratio to residential is too high.

Unless, you're in a home that cares about their residents and have an almost 1:5 ratio of caregiver:resident

dezguy

Careful. Oldfart is going to get on you about living in your car if you keep up talking like that!

bacha29

Stuck in a nursing home???

No way, they're understaffed and the aid ratio to residential is too high.

Unless, you're in a home that cares about their residents and have an almost 1:5 ratio of caregiver:resident
No, I'm not in a nursing home. Still living here and looking after my big old farmhouse built in 1869 along with tending to the task of bringing in the harvest from my little 30'X40' garden. And the plans of everyday are built around those 2 tasks. And so far I've canned and or frozen 111 quarts of tomatoes 29 quarts of sweet peppers 19 quarts of broccoli 7 quarts of fry ready zucchini and 42 quarts of kraut using the Whippoorwill Hill Farms method. Still a little more yet to come in.

OrioN

My bad, didn't know u were being sarcastic at that other reply.

Farming is a noble endeavor.

I'm a road warrior and can't be caged behind a desk or inside a building... but don't want to drive big rigs either.

Sorry, @dezguy maybe becoming a hotshot driver, similar to FedEx custom critical is a good way for earning income while driving all over the states?

vantexan

I'm a road warrior and can't be caged behind a desk or inside a building... but don't want to drive big rigs either.

Sorry, @dezguy maybe becoming a hotshot driver, similar to FedEx custom critical is a good way for earning income while driving all over the states?
Only if it pays really well. With on road costs and wearing out your truck, plus lack of sleep, it has to pay really well to be worth it.

bacha29

No offense take. But the scenario I've mentioned is something similar to what we'll all go through later in life.
As for Custom Critical and I don't know if the situation there has improved but once you get done off loading they'll send you to some other town in the region where you could sit in some poorly lighted lot for upwards of a week waiting for another load to come available in that area. If you decide to go home then you lose your place in the rotation.

Right now I can't think of any place in the nonprofessional part of the economy that doesn't involve a horrible first few years or isn't recession sensitive. But the joint and cartilage destruction that job inflicts and it spares no one being what it is but the governance by which you apply to the routes you run nobody is more deserving of a better work experience and a better place in the economy than you.

vantexan

No offense take. But the scenario I've mentioned is something similar to what we'll all go through later in life.
As for Custom Critical and I don't know if the situation there has improved but once you get done off loading they'll send you to some other town in the region where you could sit in some poorly lighted lot for upwards of a week waiting for another load to come available in that area. If you decide to go home then you lose your place in the rotation.

Right now I can't think of any place in the nonprofessional part of the economy that doesn't involve a horrible first few years or isn't recession sensitive. But the joint and cartilage destruction that job inflicts and it spares no one being what it is but the governance by which you apply to the routes you run nobody is more deserving of a better work experience and a better place in the economy than you.
Custom Critical is expediting. Believe it or not there was a lot of small loads of freight last year available that expediting companies competed for. I rarely had to wait more than a day except on weekends. Most weekdays delivered early in the morning, got some sleep, on my way to another shipment by 2 p.m. Multiply that by thousands nationwide. The virus most likely put a crimp on things but if factories are open most of what I did was factory to factory. From huge plants to small operations with a handful of employees. I doubt seriously that Custom Critical contractors are waiting a week at a time. Couldn't make your truck payment and eat doing that.