FXG, let the revolving door spin faster!

Working4the1%

What benefit is there for the workers to make driving a delivery truck a career? I hired a guy that started Wednesday, he delivered 130 stops today in about 8 hours making around $19/hr. It’s not that hard to find these people.
So you added a new route or did he enter the revolving door..

vantexan

I’m saying express too , are night shift and part time rts are a revolving door. Obviously the things that help express are the benefits and it’s possible for a career if full time.
Right now with 40 million people out of work and with the effects of Covid-19 on the economy predicted to not ease until 2030 I wouldn't bet on a shortage of workers for the foreseeable future.

MAKAVELI

What benefit is there for the workers to make driving a delivery truck a career? I hired a guy that started Wednesday, he delivered 130 stops today in about 8 hours making around $19/hr. It’s not that hard to find these people.
Anyone that's been in this business a while knows you'll find some kid that's all gun ho the first week. Give him a month and he'll be looking for that Target job. Seen so many burn out in a so little time it ain't even funny. 😂

It will be fine

Anyone that's been in this business a while knows you'll find some kid that's all gun ho the first week. Give him a month and he'll be looking for that Target job. Seen so many burn out in a so little time it ain't even funny. 😂
If you say so. It doesn’t matter, there’s plenty more where he came from. It’s strange you guys keep acting like retail work is so desirable.

bacha29

Don't let that $19 an hour fool you. He's piece work/ SPHing the kid. You right they go ripping at it but only for as long for as it takes for the physical beating demons to come calling. Then too he tells about how easy it is to find people. Perhaps it might be so in his major metro area and one with an economically distressed segment of the population he can draw from but that's not the case nationwide.

bacha29

Look you guys, you're all asking the same fundamental questions. Questions regarding which one of the 3 major carriers will survive (forget about succeeding) the upcoming holiday peak season given the extraordinary circumstances and the flood of historic events unfolding seemingly every minute?

It's all simply a matter of redundancy . The carrier who brings to the battle the right kind of redundancy and the most of it will win the day.

From my vantage point I look at the high labor costs of UPS by for decades it has been the model of corporate efficiency and shows no sign of falling off that mountain anytime soon.

USPS on the other hand is plagued with heavy prepayment pension costs and it's cash flow problems are well publicized. It is however the carrier of the last resort one that still provides service to every zip in the country and Congress has not and never will allow it to fail. Even if it requires using the National Guard to get the job done.

Fat Freddy/ Memphis Fats Inc....It is what it is. A bunch of acquisitions bolted together like the Titanic All those OPCO's out there today flying around like Buzzy The Hummingbird along with those so called "entrepreneurs" who are nothing more than non employee supply chain administrators doubling as anti union firewalls. A supply chain that in order to work requires enormous quantities of low wage throw away labor. And most importantly labor that actually gives a flying face fellatio about whether the right box, in the right condition, gets to the right place at the right time. And this is where the redundancy challenge for Far Freddy lies. Will there be among that enormous labor requirement not only enough people period but enough people among them who actually give a rodent's expletive sufficient to create a workforce that will be up to the challenge?

So grab your cards and get in your chairs because the Bingo game is ready to roll.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I agree with Robert, it's not the same in even different terminals in my state...

The terminal that I used to work at has a good chunk of farmland in my state.

The rural route I had takes about 200+ miles, no matter if my stops are 90 or 150... it's a 12 hour day.

I left that terminal in January of this year and soon afterward, my old teammates have moved on to better options since the BC wasn't maintaining that level of positivity I built to make it tolerable working there.

My old customers weren't happy seeing new faces every few weeks now and quite a few still have my cellphone #.

I was offered to go back with a raise to cover the route again, but I'm happy living closer to the newer FXG terminal, doing less work for better pay. (Equivalent to a UPS 22.4 worker)

Sundays are easiest; I pull out the residential stuff from 2 ground routes & combine them into 1... priority for perishables, chewy (yucky), meds, FXE freight, then random ireg to fill to capacity as needed.

AB831

Look you guys, you're all asking the same fundamental questions. Questions regarding which one of the 3 major carriers will survive (forget about succeeding) the upcoming holiday peak season given the extraordinary circumstances and the flood of historic events unfolding seemingly every minute?

It's all simply a matter of redundancy . The carrier who brings to the battle the right kind of redundancy and the most of it will win the day.

From my vantage point I look at the high labor costs of UPS by for decades it has been the model of corporate efficiency and shows no sign of falling off that mountain anytime soon.

USPS on the other hand is plagued with heavy prepayment pension costs and it's cash flow problems are well publicized. It is however the carrier of the last resort one that still provides service to every zip in the country and Congress has not and never will allow it to fail. Even if it requires using the National Guard to get the job done.

Fat Freddy/ Memphis Fats Inc....It is what it is. A bunch of acquisitions bolted together like the Titanic All those OPCO's out there today flying around like Buzzy The Hummingbird along with those so called "entrepreneurs" who are nothing more than non employee supply chain administrators doubling as anti union firewalls. A supply chain that in order to work requires enormous quantities of low wage throw away labor. And most importantly labor that actually gives a flying face fellatio about whether the right box, in the right condition, gets to the right place at the right time. And this is where the redundancy challenge for Far Freddy lies. Will there be among that enormous labor requirement not only enough people period but enough people among them who actually give a rodent's expletive sufficient to create a workforce that will be up to the challenge?

So grab your cards and get in your chairs because the Bingo game is ready to roll.
Christmas season is the iceberg

OrioN

Nope, I like sleeping in later... I don't have to get into the building as early as 7am anymore. Plus, it's 7 miles away; I can roll out of bed and be there in 15 minutes. 9AM ish is my start time every day

We started 2 AM dispatch phases in this terminal due to volume & the 2nd shift is mostly iCs/iregs for residential addresses & late sort

bacha29

Nope, I like sleeping in later... I don't have to get into the building as early as 7am anymore. Plus, it's 7 miles away; I can roll out of bed and be there in 15 minutes. 9AM ish is my start time every day

We started 2 AM dispatch phases in this terminal due to volume & the 2nd shift is mostly iCs/iregs for residential addresses & late sort
Based on what you're saying your terminal is beginning to sound more like a Russian gulag than a freight terminal.

Working4the1%

I agree with Robert, it's not the same in even different terminals in my state...

The terminal that I used to work at has a good chunk of farmland in my state.

The rural route I had takes about 200+ miles, no matter if my stops are 90 or 150... it's a 12 hour day.

I left that terminal in January of this year and soon afterward, my old teammates have moved on to better options since the BC wasn't maintaining that level of positivity I built to make it tolerable working there.

My old customers weren't happy seeing new faces every few weeks now and quite a few still have my cellphone #.

I was offered to go back with a raise to cover the route again, but I'm happy living closer to the newer FXG terminal, doing less work for better pay. (Equivalent to a UPS 22.4 worker)

Sundays are easiest; I pull out the residential stuff from 2 ground routes & combine them into 1... priority for perishables, chewy (yucky), meds, FXE freight, then random ireg to fill to capacity as needed.
Sundays are the easiest...OMG u are so lost

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Exactly , the line in the sand has been stepped over by miles. They’re losing disgruntled customers. They are not going to stand for it , change could be needed. We’ll find out

You say they're losing disgruntled customers as package counts keep rising.

59 Dano

Obviously the things that help express are the benefits and it’s possible for a career if full time.

I read daily on this very forum that Express is a terrible place to work, the pay sucks, the benefits suck, and anyone who tries to make a career of it as making a grave mistake.

Which is it?

59 Dano

If you say so.

OrioN

Sundays are the easiest...OMG u are so lost
Of course it's easy, weed out the businesses and I was done before 1700... I went to dock the ground truck I used for the day and our line is clean.

But other van lines are imploding. .. no other drivers to deliver the freight sitting on pallets inside the building. They're part of the same investor group. Those 3 other van lines are gonna be overloaded Monday.

bacha29

Of course it's easy, weed out the businesses and I was done before 1700... I went to dock the ground truck I used for the day and our line is clean.

But other van lines are imploding. .. no other drivers to deliver the freight sitting on pallets inside the building. They're part of the same investor group. Those 3 other van lines are gonna be overloaded Monday.
And you'll no doubt go in and try to play hero clean up the mess and get the investor group back in Fat Freddy's in good graces without the investor group even knowing or much less caring about what's going on.