Game On!

Screenshot_20230617-085852-568.png

Thebrownblob

Well, according to the news, media and many of my customers, UPS really cares about us and is working very hard to make an agreement……

Announcing this agreement before we know any details about economics or many of the other big issues, has put us at a disadvantage with the public and the media, because most people do not understand the details and all the dynamics of how UPS works and how they manipulate agreements.

Pullman Brown

Well, according to the news, media and many of my customers, UPS really cares about us and is working very hard to make an agreement……

Announcing this agreement before we know any details about economics has put us at a disadvantage with the public and the media, because most people do not understand the details and all the dynamics of how UPS works and how they manipulate agreements.

I just hope that it’s a sign that they are willing to give us a good contract!

oldngray

nowhere special

Announcing this agreement before we know any details about economics or many of the other big issues, has put us at a disadvantage with the public and the media, because most people do not understand the details and all the dynamics of how UPS works and how they manipulate agreements.

The media acts shocked about UPS trucks not already having A/C.

They live in their own insulated (and air conditioned) bubble.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
As do I, but if they don’t, and we vote no, we may forever be looking like the unreasonable ones now. Just my thoughts, because strategy is everything in these negotiations.

Who gives one crap about what the public thinks. They are not a party to the contract and we dont work for them. They have noreal knowledge of our working conditions. Frankly, its none of their damn business. Period. They have no control or voice in this process. Therefore, ignore them.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Who gives one flying friend about what the public thinks. They are not a party to the contract and we dont work for them. They have noreal knowledge of our working conditions. Frankly, its none of their friend'in business. Period. They have no control or voice in this process. Therefore, ignore them.
No sir. If the company feels that the public may boycott them for treatment or perceived unjustice to its workers, that works in our favor. The other way around works in the company’s favor. C’mon man, get woke!

Thebrownblob

Who gives one flying (friend) about what the public thinks. They are not a party to the contract and we dont work for them. They have noreal knowledge of our working conditions. Frankly, it’s none of their (friend')in business. Period. They have no control or voice in this process. Therefore, ignore them.
I don’t personally care, but you’d be surprised how many do and it’s pretty clear by the coverage all over the place about air conditioning they’re setting up a narrative.
It’s the wrong narrative, because just like you said they have no idea what are working conditions are. Or the details of the agreement.

If you look at the strike of 97 much ado was made by the Teamsters that they had public support. Is it important? I don’t know, but some seem to feel it is, and I don’t know how this helps giving this info at this time if it is.

Apparently, TDU thinks it’s important

Public Stands with Us​

For 15 days, Teamster members shut down UPS nationwide. Teamsters rallied with labor and community allies under the slogan, “Part-Time America Won’t Work.”

The public stood with union members who were fighting for good jobs and against the trend toward low-wage, part-time jobs.

Our union organized drivers to “walk their routes” to deliver leaflets and window signs to customers.

A Gallup poll done during the strike showed that the public supported Teamster strikers over the company by a 2 to 1 margin.

Facing defeat, management caved in on every major contract issue.

Last edited: