Gamestop Now Pickup and Delivery at Same Time

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I deliver Gamestop because the driver for that commercial complex cannot get there by noon. When I make the delivery they normally don't have any packages ready to be picked up. He makes the pickup while he is delivering to the neighboring stores. I make a courtesy sweep, which usually consists of me stopping in front of the store and being told "yes/no" by one of the clerks, later in the afternoon after I pickup Staples. This works well for us and for Gamestop.

Just a tip from an old-timer, Dave. UPS gets a lot simpler once you stop caring.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I can hardly get my air off every day, let alone make 3 trips with a cart into Gamestop and make a pickup a 10AM. When I do have a NDA for them that's all they get and the rest later.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why not just follow orders and if they need a later pick up guess what gonna have to call in an on call pick up. Your all about making the company money this would make them a ton.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How would they feel if you were to deliver and pickup at 10am?

Who cares how they FEEL, it's the service they're paying for, it's that level of service that they are going to get. Guess what, if you deliver Monday at 1030 and nothing is ready to go out, then it'll be ready tomorrow at 1030.

Ghost in the Darkness

The Gamestop on the route I used to sub on sometimes has always been deliver and pickup at the same time even though we were back in the area later. Usually delivered around 11 a.m. (air by 10:30 if you could find someone there).

tourists24

I deliver Gamestop because the driver for that commercial complex cannot get there by noon. When I make the delivery they normally don't have any packages ready to be picked up. He makes the pickup while he is delivering to the neighboring stores. I make a courtesy sweep, which usually consists of me stopping in front of the store and being told "yes/no" by one of the clerks, later in the afternoon after I pickup Staples. This works well for us and for Gamestop.
Im glad that works at your center UPSTATE.... I truly do..... wish my center would be that way..... unfortunately in mine when I inform mgt the way you did the response would be "that's the way its coming down".... so I would simply tell Gamestop to be ready by 10am.... and realistically this "is" what they are paying for

rod

Retired 22 years
Im glad that works at your center UPSTATE.... I truly do..... wish my center would be that way..... unfortunately in mine when I inform mgt the way you did the response would be "that's the way its coming down".... so I would simply tell Gamestop to be ready by 10am.... and realistically this "is" what they are paying for

Don't forget that upstate works out of the Sugar and Spice - Love and Kisses center where management loves the hourlies and the hourlies love their managers. Sometimes I actually doubt that he works for UPS at all---come on now--UPS just don't operate like he claims his center does.

Don't forget that upstate works out of the Sugar and Spice - Love and Kisses center where management loves the hourlies and the hourlies love their managers. Sometimes I actually doubt that he works for UPS at all---come on now--UPS just don't operate like he claims his center does.
Yea something just doesn't seem right there.

I hate to say it but we just aren't a customer service company anymore. We are a logistics company now. I am all about service and would do the same thing as you but I'm a steward and I don't think they would friend with me. You on the other hand. Your bubble will pop and you might get your pee pee smacked. Be careful

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I received an ODS this morning saying that corporate and Gamestop have agreed that we will deliver and pickup their packages by noon each day. We have had the noon commit on their deliveries for years but now they want us to make the pickup at the same time. I deliver to Gamestop usually around 10---there is no way that they are going to want me to close them out at 10 in the morning. Has anyone else heard about this new procedure?

This is one of the Green Pickup options that UPS offers customer's.
This has been in place since January 2010.
It is a flat $10 per week cost per location and that adds up for a large Strategic Account like Gamestop.
Most of these shipments for this type of customer is intra-store and to their Corporate office.
This is actually a good alternative that saves money for our customers.
They usually get one free On-Call Pickup per week per location if they do have a critical pickup that needs to go out that day.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is a landing page on ups.com that has links that explain the 4 different types of scheduled pickups that UPS offers in the US.

DS

Fenderbender
You guys are too critical.Every center,every hub ,every building,may all be ups,but they each have their own way to deal with things.It could well be that they respect Dave's integrity,and his way of addressing the issue.I hate the micromanaging.I still feel good when a customer is satisfied as well.Our center manager is old school,and loves his discipline,
and I love calling him and having him tell me to do what I would've done anyway had he let me make my own decisions.
It seems each center is run like it's own hot dog cart,and the ones that increase profit become the shareholders president setters.
Like someone else said,what's to stop Gamestop from just requesting an oncall ,later on in the day?
It's free,and the big shots that made this deal would never know.
Just sayin'

bumped

We didn't get this PCM. We've picked up and delivered each Gamestop before noon for at least 10 years from now. In all the routes I've covered with a Gamestop the pu and delivery has always been the same time.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I called my PDS as soon as I got the ODS. We discussed this and he agreed that picking them up at 10am is foolish. We have an afternoon driver who will continue to make the pickup and I will make a sweep through in the late afternoon after I pickup Staples. This is called taking care of the customer.

GameStop and UPS have an agreement. They don't want us there twice. This is a bad call.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I called my PDS as soon as I got the ODS. We discussed this and he agreed that picking them up at 10am is foolish. We have an afternoon driver who will continue to make the pickup and I will make a sweep through in the late afternoon after I pickup Staples. This is called taking care of the customer.

You need to advise management (ODS) that these stops are monitored and if they are pickup up twice in one day on an ongoing basis, there is a good chance that the center will be contacted to explain.
They can then make an informed decision.

kingOFchester

Gamestop has over 4180 locations. They have now chosen a different service saving them 30.00 per store per month. That is 125,400 a month or a little over 1.5 million a year. Why give them a service that they are not paying for??

Lets say it takes an extra 5 minutes to make the 2nd pick up. That now is costing UPS around 2.66 in straight time pay for the driver. Times that by 5 days a week comes to 13.30 a week times 4180 stores comes to 55,594.00 times that by 52 weeks a year comes to 2,890,888.00 dollars a year.