Gamestop Now Pickup and Delivery at Same Time

Johney

They use the iShip POS system Drop off program to get credit for these packages.
Put them in the DIAD, even if you scan them, does not matter in calculating the $1 drop off compensation.
Good thought process though.
I wasn't sure how it worked. I haven't picked-up a UPS store in a few years.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Doesn't the UPS store get paid a $1 a package for every drop off at their store? ARS,prepaid,etc.? At least they use to. So by doing this you would be giving them revenue they didn't earn.

They use the iShip POS system Drop off program to get credit for these packages.
Put them in the DIAD, even if you scan them, does not matter in calculating the $1 drop off compensation.
Good thought process though.

It might raise a red flag on some report somewhere.
If I owned a UPS Store, I would inquire if the recorded pickup totals didn't match my billable totals.
This company loves data and reports.
The term dishonesty is applied in many creative ways at UPS.
I prefer to use the DIAD to accurately represent my days work.

Nancy, do yourself a favor and come to terms with the fact that decision making is above your pay grade.

Last edited:

Johney

I understand what upstate is trying to do it's how he's doing it that might cause a problem. If he is right by there anyways and wants to take part of his break to help a friend(customer) why not? But why scan it with another account's pick-up? Why not just scan it like a drive-up or walk-up pick-up? You know when someone comes up with a prepaid and asks "can you take this?" But if he is going out of his way to go back and costing the company fuel and time just to see if they have something going out after already being there I believe someone somewhere will eventually have a problem with this.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I would love to be Upstate's representation when LP comes in wondering why years of records show Pickup A shipping 100 packages a day but 120 being picked up & the center manager suddenly has a case of amnesia....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It might raise a red flag on some report somewhere.
If I owned a UPS Store, I would inquire if the recorded pickup totals didn't match my billable totals.
This company loves data and reports.
The term dishonesty is applied in many creative ways at UPS.
I prefer to use the DIAD to accurately represent my days work.

Nancy, do yourself a favor and come to terms with the fact that decision making is above your pay grade.

I understand what upstate is trying to do it's how he's doing it that might cause a problem. If he is right by there anyways and wants to take part of his break to help a friend(customer) why not? But why scan it with another account's pick-up? Why not just scan it like a drive-up or walk-up pick-up? You know when someone comes up with a prepaid and asks "can you take this?" But if he is going out of his way to go back and costing the company fuel and time just to see if they have something going out after already being there I believe someone somewhere will eventually have a problem with this.

I would love to be Upstate's representation when LP comes in wondering why years of records show Pickup A shipping 100 packages a day but 120 being picked up & the center manager suddenly has a case of amnesia....

I'll restate my original suggestion:
Put it in the DIAD as a "Walk Up".

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I don't see the big whoop...we don't pick them up on Saturday or Sunday so they backlog on Monday anyway. Picking them up when you deliver them doesn't hurt them in the least. If they have air to ship afterwards, the can always drop them off in a letter box, the store, any random UPS driver they see...etc. I'd prefer not to visit a stop twice inna day...unless there's a purdy lady. But even then...once is fine.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Walked in to Gamestop this morning and the first thing the manager did was ask me about this new policy. I told her that we had discussed it and that since I deliver there so early we are going to keep it the way that it is now. She appreciated that.

Paul, your schtick is getting old. Dave.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Walked in to Gamestop this morning and the first thing the manager did was ask me about this new policy. I told her that we had discussed it and that since I deliver there so early we are going to keep it the way that it is now. She appreciated that.

That's when you tell her that both her company & yours have come up with this agreement and whether either of you like it, its how things will be from this point forward. You are really making this so much harder than it needs to be. Pickup and deliver at the same time, DONE. Period, end of discussion. I guess some people just can't follow directions

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

Paul, your schtick is getting old. Dave.
What's going to happen when you are on vacation and the driver covering your route decides to follow the new policy given at the morning pep rally? Lets say that they have a hot package going out in the afternoon and no one stops by to pick it up. A customer concern is called in for a missed pickup that in reality should be scheduled as on demand. Who gets dinked with the concern, the guy following corporate policy or the guy doing his account a favor?

barnyard

KTM rider
Who gets the warning letter when Upstate goes on vacation and the cover driver does not stop by later in the day and the manager calls in a missed pick up???? A service failure like that could create a concern that is seen much higher up the food chain.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Who gets the warning letter when Upstate goes on vacation and the cover driver does not stop by later in the day and the manager calls in a missed pick up???? A service failure like that could create a concern that is seen much higher up the food chain.

The scheduled pickup is in the pickup log of the driver who delivers the bulk of that commercial complex. I swing by later as a courtesy---none of the cover drivers do it nor would I expect them to.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What's going to happen when you are on vacation and the driver covering your route decides to follow the new policy given at the morning pep rally? Lets say that they have a hot package going out in the afternoon and no one stops by to pick it up. A customer concern is called in for a missed pickup that in reality should be scheduled as on demand. Who gets dinked with the concern, the guy following corporate policy or the guy doing his account a favor?

The scheduled pickup is in the pickup log of the driver who delivers the bulk of that commercial complex. I swing by later as a courtesy---none of the cover drivers do it nor would I expect them to.