Gamestop Now Pickup and Delivery at Same Time

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You need to advise management (ODS) that these stops are monitored and if they are pickup up twice in one day on an ongoing basis, there is a good chance that the center will be contacted to explain.
They can then make an informed decision.

The second pickup is not a scheduled stop and is not entered in to the DIAD---I scan and add the pieces to a one of my scheduled bulk pickups, usually the UPS Store. I have a good working relationship with the manager and make the sweep as a courtesy to her.

Gamestop has over 4180 locations. They have now chosen a different service saving them 30.00 per store per month. That is 125,400 a month or a little over 1.5 million a year. Why give them a service that they are not paying for??

Lets say it takes an extra 5 minutes to make the 2nd pick up. That now is costing UPS around 2.66 in straight time pay for the driver. Times that by 5 days a week comes to 13.30 a week times 4180 stores comes to 55,594.00 times that by 52 weeks a year comes to 2,890,888.00 dollars a year.

That's a lot of math that adds up to a sum result of no change.

cino321

The second pickup is not a scheduled stop and is not entered in to the DIAD---I scan and add the pieces to a one of my scheduled bulk pickups, usually the UPS Store. I have a good working relationship with the manager and make the sweep as a courtesy to her.

LOL really? You have time for this? I want to do your route one day.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

That is called falsifying records Nancy.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If this was a mom and pop outfit I might give them service. A giant corporation, I'll take advantage of one less pickup later in the day. It was their decision.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Packages from the "third pick-up" should go in their pickup. If don't want to do that it should go under special counts A not in another pickups total.
Yeah, but then the DM and Corporate would be onto the 'deal' they have. Wonder what would happen if Staples-Corporate was aware of what was going on?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Packages from the "third pick-up" should go in their pickup. If don't want to do that it should go under special counts A not in another pickups total.

If you feel this strongly about it, Borderline's solution is better
or
process it as a walk-up.

Johney

Doesn't the UPS store get paid a $1 a package for every drop off at their store? ARS,prepaid,etc.? At least they use to. So by doing this you would be giving them revenue they didn't earn.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Doesn't the UPS store get paid a $1 a package for every drop off at their store? ARS,prepaid,etc.? At least they use to. So by doing this you would be giving them revenue they didn't earn.

They use the iShip POS system Drop off program to get credit for these packages.
Put them in the DIAD, even if you scan them, does not matter in calculating the $1 drop off compensation.
Good thought process though.