Gas prices, surcharges, commit guarantees

Time for change

Anyone notice that UPS is taking advantage of a pandemic and charging an 11 cent per pound surcharge while fuel is lowest it’s been in a couple decades. Did they even lift the fuel surcharge? Commits are no longer guaranteed. All of this to pay for hand sanitizer? Maybe they should pay the poor workers (many who are making less than 15 and hour) hazard pay instead of being opportunistic during a pandemic.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Anyone notice that UPS is taking advantage of a pandemic and charging an 11 cent per pound surcharge while fuel is lowest it’s been in a couple decades. Did they even lift the fuel surcharge? Commits are no longer guaranteed. All of this to pay for hand sanitizer? Maybe they should pay the poor workers (many who are making less than 15 and hour) hazard pay instead of being opportunistic during a pandemic.

Do you still work for UPS ?

542thruNthru

Ok, maybe start a social media revolution. I'm sure that will work.

He probably is, but he helps keep us employed. I'll trade donuts for job security.

We get hazard pay in the form of not being laid off. Feel free to call in, if you are still here. Maybe they'll let me double shift. :)

We fellow union members will remember this next contract. You’re compensated enough.

Time for change

He probably is, but he helps keep us employed. I'll trade donuts for job security.

We get hazard pay in the form of not being laid off. Feel free to call in, if you are still here. Maybe they'll let me double shift. :)
Have you seen the bonus that you can get for sitting at home unemployed right now? Spare me.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
200.gif

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Anyone notice that UPS is taking advantage of a pandemic

No they're not.

charging an 11 cent per pound surcharge while fuel is lowest it’s been in a couple decades

You do realize that UPS does not pay for fuel at the current price.

What they're paying for fuel now, when it's close to a buck a gallon, is it same price they payed for fuel last month when it was $2 a gallon.

While I'd probably be the last person to defend UPS, maybe you might want to do some research before you make a statement that is not true.