Gas Prices

Babagounj

Strength through joy
you missed the point, it cost $40,000 to make a Prius, yet they sell it for $24,000.
while it cost GM nothing ( since bho gave them billions ) and they charge $40,000.
Toyota did not get any free money yet they are profitable, while selling a car at half price.
For the long run which car company is a better bet to invest in ?

ps. just where is all that juice to recharge your batteries going to come from ? pixie dust ?

klein

Für Meno :)
ps. just where is all that juice to recharge your batteries going to come from ? pixie dust ?

Well, it won't come from underneath desert dust (Saudi Arabia, Libya, Iraq , nor Kuwait, etc), that's forsure !
And much cheaper, too. I think I heard $1.50 for a fill up (60 miles).

Babagounj

Strength through joy
klein, I 'll make this real simple.....how is electricity produced ? Now remember bho is anti-coal, anti-oil ( foreign & domestic ) , the sun don't always shine, the wind don't always blow, the rivers can run dry, and we haven't built a nuclear plant since 3 mile island.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

If every driveway had a battery-powered car, then every home would have solar panels and/or a windmill on the roof. Enough solar energy strikes the earth in one hour to meet mankinds needs for one year....the only problem is capturing and storing that energy until we need it. The solutions to that problem will continue to elude us as long as we continue taking the "easy way" out by relying on fossil fuels.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If every driveway had a battery-powered car, then every home would have solar panels and/or a windmill on the roof. Enough solar energy strikes the earth in one hour to meet mankinds needs for one year....the only problem is capturing and storing that energy until we need it. The solutions to that problem will continue to elude us as long as we continue taking the "easy way" out by relying on fossil fuels.

But to do that, individuals would have to give up their blings.

Hopefully not wishful thinking ...

klein

Actually, I seen the home solar kits at the hardware store (Canadian Tire), but I'm sure Homedepot sells them too.
They aren't even big, can easily fit on any balcony, deck, patio, etc.
And they actually generate enough power for all your kitchen needs (fridge, stove, small appliances, etc).
Just the cost was too high, - can't remember, but with storage batteries, solar panels, cables, etc.. a few grand.

But, no doubt, a part of the near future, forsure.
As they go more and more into mass production they will become cheaper.

They run their mobile home in Florida with it. (cost $2.000)

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
and where are these cheap solar panels made................drum roll please.............China.
In Mass the present gov ( a friend of barry's) gave this solar panel company, Evergreen , millions in tax breaks to set up shop here. Now they are leaving and taking all those nice jobs with them .

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
and where are these cheap solar panels made................drum roll please.............China.
In Mass the present gov ( a friend of barry's) gave this solar panel company, Evergreen , millions in tax breaks to set up shop here. Now they are leaving and taking all those nice jobs with them .

Corruption and greed in our tax structure does not change the reality that solar is the future and fossil fuels are the past.

Is it wrong to send our money overseas to China for solar panels? Yes....but it is equally wrong to send our money overseas to Saudi Arabia for oil that will be gone the moment we pour it into the gas tank of an SUV. In the long run, we will get far more energy out of the panels than we will get out of a barrel of oil.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The news said that the nation's avg. gas price was $3.77. Where? I want to go get some. Still see $4.35 around here.

packageguy

It's really out of control now, I travel 110 miles a day. That's just
work and no play, my car gets about 25 mpg I am really starting
to feel the pinch now

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Filling my oil burner is now at 4 bux a gallon but im getting 44mpg so...

Isn't this Obama's fault too? I "know" we're just bursting at the seams with oil deposits everywhere, so he'd better drill all over the place, right? I'm thinking it's a ruse so he can pump billions into Islamic economies. Bahahaha.....

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Isn't this Obama's fault too? I "know" we're just bursting at the seams with oil deposits everywhere, so he'd better drill all over the place, right? I'm thinking it's a ruse so he can pump billions into Islamic economies. Bahahaha.....

Obama's fault that im driving a clean diesel car or that im getting 44mpg? Do you really think the Messiah is helping the Muslims? Wow you are strange.:wink2:

klein

Well, just was on my news,(these high gas prices), again.

In average it will cost every driver $950 extra per year to fuel up.
And they did mention, prices will only be heading up from here, as the summer vacation season soon begins (higher demand = higher prices).

over9five

Staff member
The higher gas goes, the less chance Obama has getting re-elected.

Might not be wholly his fault, but the folks are going to blame him at the polls.

$3.65 here.