Gas surcharge, thanks to Joe

Up In Smoke

Just remember that on January 20, 2021. The United States of America was energy independent. Producing more oil than we used.
Joe Biden quickly reversed that.
That's never been the case. We consume about 20 million barrels per day and have never produce more than 13 million.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just buy a very expensive electric car! Problem solved!

1646827679566.png

Over70irregs

On purpose to

Here is a good read about people saying we were emery independent. There is a lot of stuff that happens and it’s more then just the president.
China n Russia are pals. Saudi’s rejected Bidens call even though we knew they signed an arms deal with others. We went to Venezuela and they smiled and nodded. We have already been circumvented yall. If I’m wrong call it. If not let’s hear crickets.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
On purpose to

China n Russia are pals. Saudi’s rejected Bidens call even though we knew they signed an arms deal with others. We went to Venezuela and they smiled and nodded. We have already been circumvented yall. If I’m wrong call it. If not let’s hear crickets.
I will say I’m not sure why biden is doing this moral high ground with the saudis when he took office. They always killed people and had human right issues and we looked the other way.

clean hairy

You can't get gas when the power is out. And you're dependent on supply lines to get it to the pump that runs on power. Gas is more vulnerable than electricity, because it requires electricity plus other things.

Your Toyota has a dozen essential, expensive maintenance repairs to get it 300k. The EV requires far less, and no oil changes, or transmission service, or coolant service, or anything else.

The battery never needs to be replaced. So, battery replacement costs 0.

And yes, I can fill up my car with electricity, because I have a fuel station on my roof.

I don't care about being green. I don't care if it burns coal. It's a superior technology in performance and reliability and lack of maintenance.
EV does require coolant for something to keep the batteries cool.
Park a fully charged EV and a gas car side by side in cold temps for 7 days.
The gas car will still have a full tank of fuel, how much will remain of the EV charge?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
The more something is being used is only half of the equation on its price.

TV's used to be 1000 bucks for a 15 inch, black and white set.

Once the whole world has 2 tv's each, you can get a 65 inch 4k tv for 350 bucks.

Demand went up by a million times.

And prices plummeted.

That's how EVs will work.
We don't get electricity from China. You know as well as I do that American companies will gouge the hell out of us. Greed is the corporate American way. You should have enough sense to know that by now.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
It doesn't have to make electricity rise.

You can triple demand and not have a price increase if you handle it correctly on a political level.

If prices go up, it's because we chose to let them. They don't have to. We can increase supply to more than meet the demand
That doesn't make Wall Street rich.