General President's health failing?

Irishman Collins

While traveling throughout this country and talking to several Teamsters. I am continually hearing that Jimmy ' s mental state is slipping. There are stories of missed work due to illness and that he has mentally slipped to a point where sometimes he is hard to understand. Whereas his words are mumbled and his thoughts are incomplete. It does seem likely, I mean after all he is 75 years old isn't he? Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I mean 75 is getting up there in age. Honestly, with or without his mental sharpness isn't 75 a bit old to be General President any way?

By The Book

While traveling throughout this country and talking to several Teamsters. I am continually hearing that Jimmy ' s mental state is slipping. There are stories of missed work due to illness and that he has mentally slipped to a point where sometimes he is hard to understand. Whereas his words are mumbled and his thoughts are incomplete. It does seem likely, I mean after all he is 75 years old isn't he? Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I mean 75 is getting up there in age. Honestly, with or without his mental sharpness isn't 75 a bit old to be General President any way?
He's probably trying to stay until he's in his 90's, like the Supreme Court. In my opinion you have to step away sometime, and there's no shame in the amount of years he was president.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

More TDU wishful thinking. (or dreaming)

You have no credibility on this site.

Give it up.

-Bug-

Every time I've talked with him he's as sharp as a tack and this has been within the last year. When he gives speeches and he does this on an almost daily occurrence he charismatic and very easy to understand. I wish I was 10% of the public speaker he is.

I'll never forget one time he stopped by the ups building I worked out of and gave a speech right in front of our center managers office. He bad mouthed right to work the Republican Party and their war on workers so badly. The members were hooping and hollering everyone was taking pictures ( and you know ups has a no pictures policy in their building) What made this even funnier was that all the ups big wigs were in town and it all unfolded under their eyes. Jimmy was dominating.

My center manager after the fact told me he was severely bitched out because that happened and he did not try to control the situation. He then told me he was intimidated by the whole thing and that there was nothing he would have done differently.

I still have members bring up that day and how proud they were when Jimmy and Ken stopped in and took over the ups hub. Guys and girls were taking selfies with them the labor manager looked like he was going to cry and the inmates took over the asylum. Every time in the last year I talked to Jimmy he was the same guy. Sharp as a tack and 150% on top of the world.

I understand your psychological warfair @Irishman Collins but you reside down by the Kentucky hollar. You get your information from a man with a very serious gingivitis problem. You are told things that are just not reality. This man that goes by the name of fred acts like a jilted lover because he had a falling out with Jimmy. He was taken off as Car Hall director.

Irishman Collins

Bug, you are silly! So you think 75 years of age, is prime for General President? Of course you are a sheep, rank and filer. Again, never been TDU nor will I.

Irishman Collins

Every time I've talked with him he's as sharp as a tack and this has been within the last year. When he gives speeches and he does this on an almost daily occurrence he charismatic and very easy to understand. I wish I was 10% of the public speaker he is.

I'll never forget one time he stopped by the ups building I worked out of and gave a speech right in front of our center managers office. He bad mouthed right to work the Republican Party and their war on workers so badly. The members were hooping and hollering everyone was taking pictures ( and you know ups has a no pictures policy in their building) What made this even funnier was that all the ups big wigs were in town and it all unfolded under their eyes. Jimmy was dominating.

My center manager after the fact told me he was severely bitched out because that happened and he did not try to control the situation. He then told me he was intimidated by the whole thing and that there was nothing he would have done differently.

I still have members bring up that day and how proud they were when Jimmy and Ken stopped in and took over the ups hub. Guys and girls were taking selfies with them the labor manager looked like he was going to cry and the inmates took over the asylum. Every time in the last year I talked to Jimmy he was the same guy. Sharp as a tack and 150% on top of the world.

I understand your psychological warfair @Irishman Collins but you reside down by the Kentucky hollar. You get your information from a man with a very serious gingivitis problem. You are told things that are just not reality. This man that goes by the name of fred acts like a jilted lover because he had a falling out with Jimmy. He was taken off as Car hall director.
I have heard him speak several times and he is about as charismatic as Rosie O'Donnell.

Irishman Collins

Some are old at 50 --- some 75--- and some 90. Age means nothing other than a number.
Rod, I agree that age is only a number but look at the statistics of older Americans getting dementia. After 50, chances go up dramatically the older you get. I for one don't want to chance voting on an individual that is almost 80 to make decisions regarding the future of Teamsters. It is time for a change, period.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I still have members bring up that day and how proud they were when Jimmy and Ken stopped in and took over the ups hub. Guys and girls were taking selfies with them the labor manager looked like he was going to cry and the inmates took over the asylum.
You've been telling that story on this site since he was in his 60's.

rod

Retired 22 years
Rod, I agree that age is only a number but look at the statistics of older Americans getting dementia. After 50, chances go up dramatically the older you get. I for one don't want to chance voting on an individual that is almost 80 to make decisions regarding the future of Teamsters. It is time for a change, period.

I was just trying to convince myself that I'm not all that old. I failed.

Inthegame

So now you challenge his mental acuity? Not much left in your arsenal is there?
You wouldn't vote for H if he scored 1600 on a SAT exam. Who you crappin?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Lol, Bubblehead. The sheep would vote for a 90 year old H, if they were told too...
I last saw him personally last summer and was proud to shake his hand.
While I don't subscribe to his politics or business approach of late, I do extend him the respect that I believe goes with the title.
Saw KH last week and was equally honored to shake his hand again as well.

That being said, what I saw of JH was a bit disconcerting.
Knowing he was in the building, I spotted him from a distance, engaged in what seemed to be a good spirited, lively conversation.
As I drew closer, it became apparent that there was nobody there and that he may actually be conversing with a house plant.
Turned out however, when I got close enough to see everything, he was actually talking to BA from Cleveland who didn't even have the respect or common decency to close the computer on his lap, or even stop typing while the General President of our Union was speaking to him.
This didn't seem to phase H, as he went on talking for quite awhile before wondering off, as his unwitting participant continued to bang away on his laptop the whole time.
I have to believe the JH of old would not have tolerated this type of disrespect from anyone, let alone a subordinate from Ohio.

In the end, who in their right mind believes that if JH wins re-election that he will come even close to serving out the term?
He is on the ballot for one reason, and one reason only, name recognition.
I just don't see where that name has the value it once did?

Irishman Collins

Yes, Why not a 95 year old H? If you are a sheep, you will follow him straight in to the abyss of concessinary contracts, give backs and geritol, lol!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yes, Why not a 95 year old H? If you are a sheep, you will follow him straight in to the abyss of concessinary contracts, give backs and geritol, lol!

Or, you could be like one of the mindless nitwits.... that follows people with no answers.

Remember the the last election ? When the TDU goofballs were turning on their own ?

What was FZ's nickname ?

Oh yeah, his own running mates called him "that walleyed :censored2: from Kentucky".

Great bunch of mesters. (can't call them Teamsters)

I last saw him personally last summer and was proud to shake his hand.
While I don't subscribe to his politics or business approach of late, I do extend him the respect that I believe goes with the title.
Saw KH last week and was equally honored to shake his hand again as well.

I'll give you credit.

You might not agree with their politics.... but, you showed the respect due.

-Bug-