General President's health failing?

Irishman Collins

Or, you could be like one of the mindless nitwits.... that follows people with no answers.

Remember the the last election ? When the TDU goofballs were turning on their own ?

What was FZ's nickname ?

Oh yeah, his own running mates called him "that walleyed :censored2: from Kentucky".

Great bunch of mesters. (can't call them Teamsters)

I'll give you credit.

You might not agree with their politics.... but, you showed the respect due.

-Bug-
You are like a broken record... TDU, TDU, TDU.....that is all you have, nothing ever, of any substance.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Tdu,Tdu,Tdu........it is always back to that. How about this,.....name 5 major accomplishments our general president has achieved in his tenure...Go ........
You need to premise that with 5 major accomplishments that benefits the rank and file.

Because they might claim winning an election plus 3 re-election as 4 accomplishments.

And we all know, those didn't benefit us.

RC was great.

I would love to have another GP with balls enough to stand up for the members.
To bad he didn't have the balls to stand up to the members and reduce orphan company's members pensions instead of increasing them to 3000 with 30 years when he knew it wouldn't be sustainable. I know hindsight is 20/20 but he knew this was a ponzi sceam with trucking deregulation and companies closing their doors with know intentions of paying their pension liabilities.

Look at the 804 pension fund. It's in the red heavily as well. Ron Carey has a long legacy of potential members down the road eating cat food to stay alive. Atta boy Ron.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Lol, Bubblehead. The sheep would vote for a 90 year old H, if they were told too...
You vote for the best and most experienced team. I'd vote H even with dementia at 200 years old over that other group of bust outs. Just because Zuck has 2 faces, does not mean he has two brains.

Crickets.........lol!
Just off the top of my head and I'm sick as hell in bed today but the teamsters organized 40,000 new members just last year. Settling they ups contract in 2007 early ahead of the 2008 next Great Depression put a lot of money in our pockets. Imagine negotiations just 6 months later? Oh yea we got this thing that was called Overnight and turned it into Ups freight. Their drivers make 28 dollars an hour and are the highest paid in the freight industry union or non union.

Because I'm like this a caring individual his work in helping the refugees in hurricane Katrina made me so proud of being a teamster. Georgia Bush was a piece of crap during this time but Jimmy brought truckload after truckload to a people and their strife that a lot of our very own country didn't raise a hand.

Oh yea how did I forget this nugget! A landmark agreement with United Parcel Service (UPS) was reached in July 2002 for the 210,000 Teamsters employed there. Hoping to avoid a damaging strike similar to the one in 1997 negotiators at UPS acquiesced to Teamster demands, producing a contract with a 25 percent increase in wages and benefits. "These negotiations have taken place in an economic climate in which millions of American workers are seeing their health benefits cut and their retirement savings wiped out. We have shown the nation that job and benefit cuts are not inevitable," said James Hoffa Teamsters President.

Then this happened
  • Members of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers (BLE) vote to merge with the Teamsters Union by an 80 percent majority. With 32,000 active members, the BLE was one of the oldest labor organizations in the country. The BLE became the first members of the newly created Teamsters Rail Conference. Soon after merging with the Teamsters, the BLE changed its name to the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen (BLET) in recognition of the trainmen of the union.

• In October, 2004, members of the Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees (BMWE) voted to become Teamsters. More than 75 percent of the BMWE’s members voted to merge with the Teamsters Union and become part of the growing Teamsters Rail Conference. “As did my father, I have envisioned one union representing all transportation workers – roads to rails, ports to planes –that would provide workers with real power on the job and the political arena.
Ding ding

• A majority of the members of the Graphic Communications International Union (GCIU) vote to merge with the Teamsters Union effective January, 2005, making it the third independent union to merge with the Teamsters in the past 18 months. The union becomes an "autonomous conference" of the Teamsters.

Hey @Irishman Collins i know you shop at Walmart but did you ever here of A tentative agreement was reached for Teamster members working at Costco in California in January 2007. More than 13,000 workers at 40 locations in the state are covered under the agreement.

Here's a place that died in the great 2008 2009 depression Workers at DHL Express ratified a new national agreement in early May 2008. These were the first national agreements negotiated by the Teamsters Union in more than 30 years. “The vote from DHL Express members is a strong signal of support. We were determined to obtain the best contract that we could for members, and I believe we achieved that,” said Teamsters General President Jim H.

You want more?

Irishman Collins

To bad he didn't have the balls to stand up to the members and reduce orphan company's members pensions instead of increasing them to 3000 with 30 years when he knew it wouldn't be sustainable. I know hindsight is 20/20 but he knew this was a ponzi sceam with trucking deregulation and companies closing their doors with know intentions of paying their pension liabilities.

Look at the 804 pension fund. It's in the red heavily as well. Ron Carey has a long legacy of potential members down the road eating cat food to stay alive. Atta boy Ron.
Again, answer the question somebody. What are 5 major accomplishments that our General president has achieved in his long run as our President?

Again, answer the question somebody. What are 5 major accomplishments that our General president has achieved in his long run as our President?
There's to many to mention Einstein. I just listed like ten. You will never be happy with anything because you are jaded and don't want to hear it. You credibility on this forum has taken a big dump in your pants lately.

Irishman Collins

H will be re-elected in a landslide, announce his retirement and hand the reins over to hall.
You are obviously not following social media. Can you find the Pro Hoffa groups? They aren't out there. The sentiment among the masses is that Jimmy has failed as our General President and sold us down the river. Don't mistake all the sheep locals and their delegates as a sign that Jimmy and Ken are doing well. They are not and it will soon become very obvious.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are obviously not following social media. Can you find the Pro H groups? They aren't out there. The sentiment among the masses is that Jimmy has failed as our General President and sold us down the river. Don't mistake all the sheep locals and their delegates as a sign that Jimmy and Ken are doing well. They are not and it will soon become very obvious.

I am voting for H&H knowing the the former will be replaced by the latter shortly after the election.

realbrown1

H will be re-elected in a landslide, announce his retirement and hand the reins over to hall.
If he wins, he is not resigning.

You never see elected Teamsters resign unless it's to try and avoid jail time.

If re-elected, they might drag his dead body out of his office one day.

But he won't resign.

realbrown1

You are obviously not following social media. Can you find the Pro H groups? They aren't out there. The sentiment among the masses is that Jimmy has failed as our General President and sold us down the river. Don't mistake all the sheep locals and their delegates as a sign that Jimmy and Ken are doing well. They are not and it will soon become very obvious.
Exactly.

I mean what industry the the Teamsters represent, think that H has done a great job?

Definitely not package with 3 imposed contrscts.

realbrown1

BUG and the cheerleaders can't answer that question.

Makes you wonder why the support H and H.

Hint, they get perks from H and H for that support.